Chapter 23: Yongbok

Jiwon listened to Jisung on the phone with an eyebrow raised and her lips pursed. She sighed when he said, "And with my genius brain, I decided that I'll tell Sihyeon the truth. Nobody suggested that. I decided it myself."

"So do you want my honest opinion?" she spoke.

"Uh, sure?"

"Don't tell her yet."

"Wait, what?"

"She needs to realize that she likes you. If you suddenly confessed that we were fake-dating, it would put her off. I mean, isn't it obvious? She won't fall in love with you overnight if you told her that it was all to make her jealous," Jiwon spewed facts.

"...that suddenly makes sense," she heard Jisung speak over the phone.

"I know."

"You're, like, the smartest person I know."

"Don't say that again; Seungmin would be offended," Jiwon giggled.

That's when Sihyeon barged into the room, "Hey, wifey?"

"I'm dating someone now, and so are you," Jiwon spoke, and the entire conversation was audible to Jisung on the other end.

"But what about our pact of marrying each other if we remain single until we are forty?" Sihyeon laughed.

Her hearty laugh caused a tug at Jisung's heart, making him chuckle too, he didn't know why.

"Anyways, I came here to tell you that I'm going out with Felix for lunch. You wanna come along?" Sihyeon informed.

Jiwon frowned, knowing that Jisung was probably listening. She felt really, really bad for him, but with the masterplan that they had come up with, she had to hold herself back from spilling the tea.

"No, I'm okay. You can go," Jiwon said, giving her best friend a tight-lipped smile. Sihyeon shrugged, waving a goodbye at her and walking out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Look, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this," Jiwon tried to console Jisung on the phone.

The idol mumbled a little 'hmm', discouraged and in despair.

Having no other idea as to how she could console him, she blurted out a dialogue from an old movie she had probably seen, "Moreover, what's the fun in finding love easily? You gotta work towards it, and it makes your love story a tale worth telling."

"Don't go all poetic on me, miss. I need time to be emo," Jisung's low voice sounded.

"Take your time."

---

"Take your time"

Felix spoke, watching Sihyeon troubled and uneasy.

She whined, "It's not happening! I can't get Jisung jealous at all!"

Yeah, sure, that's hundred percent correct — Felix thought, giving her an apologetic smile.

She continued, "The worst part is that... I don't know how to say it."

"What is it?" Felix placed his hands on the table they were sitting around. They were currently in a café, having chosen the seat right at the back to avoid the public eye.

"I..." Sihyeon sighed heavily, averting her eyes when she finally spilled, "I feel like it's working the wrong way. Why am I the one getting jealous?"

Felix inwardly celebrated; perhaps they don't need to act this way anymore. Maybe she would confess to Jisung that she's getting jealous, and possibly has feelings for him. That would be the end of all this drama, right?

But that's not how easily the author would end the story.

"That's... nice?" Felix didn't know what else to say; he was barely able to control his cheeriness.

"Alright, Lix, I need you to make a promise," she decided.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone that I'm starting to like him," Sihyeon said, and Felix's face blanched.

She said what?

"Uh..." Felix froze.

"Please, Felix. Or I'll call you Yongbok."

And that was it for him.

"Okay, I promise! No need to call me that!" he cursed himself for being so easy. Perhaps people like Felix and Rapunzel were too vulnerable because of their pledge to keep secrets and promises.

Seriously, he should've been in Tangled. Flynn Rider was hot too, he wouldn't have minded being-

"Earth to?" Sihyeon waved a hand in front of his face. He blinked, waking up from his simp side for Flynn Rider.

"Yeah."

(a/n: how was the chapter? did you like it? please leave comments and votes if you do!! thanks for reading!)