Chapter One: The Scent.

I'll breathe what is yours; you'll breathe what is mine

*****

As I walk amongst the wrecks of what used to be some kind of a spaceship, I think to myself how amazing it is to be here.

The twisted pieces of metal, scattered all over the ground, make a pretty rhythmic sound as I kick them aside, making my way to the other end of the street.

I'm looking for my father and I was told at the gate that I could find him somewhere near the burned down liquor store and the demolished Italian restaurant. Strangely enough, I didn't find that at all surprising.

"There she is!" I hear him shout my name as he runs over to me, leaving behind the group of people he was having a conversation with. "I was starting to fear you had been taken hostage by the enemy!" He crushes me into a bear hug and he doesn't let me go until I give him a slap on his back, as a distress signal.

"I thought you were the enemy." I say once I am able to catch my breath.

"That's very true. Oh! I've missed you so much... Come here!" He cradles my face between his hands and lays a soft kiss on my forehead. His eyes are filling up with tears.

My dad has always been a little too demonstrative when it comes to showing how much he loves me, especially being the first born and the only girl amongst his offspring. But ever since I moved to London, he gets particularly emotional when he gets to see me in person, and to be fair with him it has been a while since the last time he did.

"I've missed you too, dad. This is unbelievable!" I say as I take a look around the most incredible set I have ever been on.

Even though both of my parents are related - in one way or another - to the Hollywood industry, and I practically grew up in a movie set or a studio, I am one hundred percent sure that I have never been in a set as magnificent as this one.

My dad was always the kind of actor who preferred dramatic roles or a low profile, and oftentimes budget productions, so it took a lot of insistence from me and my brothers to convince him to take this part.

I think that Nate and I made the most aggressive attempts; Nate being eight years old and driven by the incredible amount of cool credit he would get with his classmates by having a super-villain dad. And me, well... being a twenty something year old woman who happens to be very appreciative of the male miracle that is pretty much the whole Avengers cast.

Long story short: I insisted - of course, I made a much more profound argument than my personal motivation -, he hesitated. My brother insisted a bit more - he was much more honest about his reasons -, and he finally agreed.

Being a part of a Marvel production was definitely a challenge for him, so at first he was a little bit overwhelmed by the whole undertaking; all the action stunts, the green screen and the CGI technologies were a little different from what he was used to, but eventually he picked up on all that stuff and he would call me from whatever part of the world they were filming and pretty much scream in my ear how awesome everything was.

When he called me to let me know they were going to shoot some scenes in London, I cleared my schedule for an entire week so I could spend some quality time with him... and maybe his co-stars.

"I know... It's amazing. Come on! Let me take you to lunch. We have a lot to catch up on" He grabs my hand and he leads me back to the entrance of the Pinewood Studios, where there's a small coffee place/restaurant. I complain in silence about the fact that I have to walk all the way back to where I came from. I hate walking, or any kind of exercise for that matter.