Chapter Six: Man at Work

I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you...

*****

"Hello, there." He whispers softly in my ear as he leans to kiss me on the cheek. His lips gently brush my skin, and that's all it takes for me to come crumbling down like I did this afternoon, "I have spent all day thinking about you. We need to talk."

I don't think talking it's quite the first thing that pops in my head right now but I nod in silence. I step away from him, looking around the place, making sure no one's watching me and I sneak behind my dad to quickly snatch my purse that's hanging from his chair. He is so into a conversation and his scotch that he doesn't even notices me.

I walk out the door and the cold air of the night comes rushing to my face, making the fog that has settled in my brain dissipate enough to give some room for a little bit of clarity. The bar is just in the corner of the street and there's a few group of people gathered there so I keep walking, turning around the corner, until I leave the small crowd behind.

Tom takes a few seconds to appear and his face lights up in a smirk when he sees me there, waiting.

"What is it?" I ask him crossing my arms under my breasts. I completely forgot to retrieve my coat and it's rather chilly out here but I'm mostly holding on to me so I can have some sense of control.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you... about what happened," he goes. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I ask him. I'm confused. He sighs and he looks down.

"I don't know... What happened was really strange."

"Strange?" I say. Now I'm not confused, I am pissed off. What the hell is wrong with this guy? "I don't know what things strike you as strange, but what happened today was not. At least not to me. Look, you don't have to feel bad or apologize for anything. We are both grown up people who happened to get caught in a quite intense moment... That's it. Now the moment has passed and there is nothing to regret or feel sorry about."

"Passed?" He says almost in a gasp. And I swear his pupils dilate in a matter of milliseconds; his eyes are no longer blue, they are as black as a moonless sky.

He launches forward, almost like a beast, and he pins me against the wall. His hands are on my hips and he's applying so much force, that I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

"Tom, please..." I beg him. My eyes are closed and my breathing has turned heavy and almost painful.

"What, Clementine... Please, what?" His face is inches away from mine. Once again, his lips are desperately within reach. All I have to do is lean my face and I would be all over that mouth,"Clementine?"

The way he says my name simply pushes me off the ledge. The fog is now rolling down like lava, suffocating every single cell of my brain. I am losing complete control of my body and mind.

"Just tell me what to do... Because I have no idea what the hell you are doing to me. Tell me to walk away and I swear to God I'll do it." His forehead is resting on mine and his hands are holding my sides with a dominating pressure, "Tell me to take you home, and there's nothing that could possibly stop me this time."

Oh, holy Jesus Almighty, what the hell is going on! What do I do? Talk to me, you little piece of shit!! You have been quite chatty all day long and now, what? Nothing? Conscience, are you there...?

"Yes..." That's the only word I'm able to pronounce.

"Yes to what?" he murmurs. The hastiness in his voice is impossible to ignore.