Chapter Twelve: Glorious Purpose.

And I'm not scared of your stolen power. I see right through you, anyhow.

*****

He wanted me to be with him while he would sat on his chair and let a bunch of people from hair and make-up do their magic and transform him into Loki. I refused solely because that would've destroyed the illusion. Part of the fantasy about Loki is that he is, at some level, a very real man. The notion of him being some kind of an alter ego to Tom, rather than just a character he plays is part of the game. At least for me.

After walking around the set and watching a bunch of stunt doubles do their incredible jobs, my body reminds me that I haven't eaten anything so I decide to grab some food back at the diner by the entrance.

This time I take a seat on the counter and I order a cheese burger with some fries. Dorothy, who I have started to believe actually lives here, laughs when she puts the plate in front of me.

"You eat!" She jokes, clapping her hands together like she is thanking the gods for it.

"Told you!" I say after I swallow the first bite and get ready to take another.

I am in the middle of eating my delicious meal when a heavy hand lands on my shoulder and almost makes me choke on a couple of fries.

"Came to watch us play?" Jeremy is sitting on the empty stool next to where I am and waves at Dorothy.

A rush of blood starts to travel across my face when I come to the realization that I don't actually have a reason to be here. Not since my dad left yesterday.

I start digging inside my brain for a decent excuse, because the truth is not even close to being a viable option.

"Actually..." I start looking around the place. I don't know what exactly I am searching for; some kind of a divine intervention that magically manifests in the form of a very beautiful, blond woman who is walking through the door as we speak. "I am meeting her!"

Scarlett spots Jeremy and me from across the room and starts coming our way with the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Jeremy! Thanks for waiting, dude!" She smacks him gently on the arm. "I thought we were eating together... I am starving!"

Jeremy looks back at me and chuckles. I simply sit there, playing with my food as a nervous tick.

"Apparently you forgot your plans with Clementine, Scarlett." He says.

"I have?" She frowns in confusion and she finally turns her head in my direction. It takes her a second to finally place me and she seems as surprised as Jeremy is about me being here.

She is about to open her mouth, probably to ask me about those alleged plans we have together, but she seems to notice my frightened deer eyes and quickly picks up on the situation.

"Oh! Yes... We were gonna meet here," She says a little louder. I am shocked that she can't be more natural, considering what she does for a living. "I completely forgot! I am so sorry, Clementine."

"It's cool. We can make a raincheck if you are too busy." I sigh. My eyes attempt to thank her in silence for her rescue and I think I pull it off, because she gives me this little smile and an almost imperceptible wink.

"No way!" She takes a seat on my other side and I am now in the middle of this two people who are totally grilling me with their eyes. Jeremy didn't quite buy the whole Scarlett performance and Scarlett, well, now she knows something is definitely going on. "Why don't we just eat here, the three of us, and then we can both have a walk while I wait for my cue to start shooting."