Chapter Twenty: Forever Young.

Do you really wanna live forever?

*****

"I can't do this anymore!" I shout as loud as I can so my voice could be heard through the music beating inside the pub. I know that he can hear my words but he refuses to take them into consideration and he just doesn't let me go. "I'm serious, Tom. I am done with this! Let me go!" I try to sound as firm as I can because I need him to take me seriously.

"Come on! Don't be a quitter" he says as his grip grows tighter around my waist. His hips are pressed against my ass and his breath makes my hair tickle my cheeks.

"A quitter? I am not a quitter, Thomas. I simply know my limits and I have reached it a long time ago. I am fucking dehydrated" I say as I squirm inside his arms. I fail to free myself from his grasp but I manage to get face to face to this relentless, ruthless Lord of the dance that my boyfriend has turned into.

When we arrived at the pub the party was already started and everyone was way ahead with their drinking so Tom and I quickly began our race to catch up to them.

As soon as we walked in, we were separated when Robert and Chris took Tom and I was literally dragged by Scarlett, who practically forced me to share every detail of our first date. I have to say that I found myself feeling quite flattered by the fact that she seemed to be fully informed about my relationship's status; Tom talked to her about me a lot and that makes me strangely happy.

"Calvin at Windows? Whoa! He really went big with that one, didn't he?" she beamed overly excited when I told her where he took me. Again, her skills as an actress, though they are undeniable on screen, are terribly lacking in real life, because something in her demeanor made me realize that she was the one who suggested the place. Even though Tom said he'd always wanted to go there, I am pretty sure it was her idea. "You look lovely, by the way" she added.

When I stepped inside the bar and noticed that everyone was wearing way more casual outfits than me, I remember feeling as self-conscious about my dress as I felt back in the restaurant. If I was feeling underdress back there, now I was definitely feeling extremely overdressed.

"Maybe I should go home and change into something more adequate" I whispered to Tom after I scanned every single woman in the room and discovered that neither of them was wearing a dress.

"Not a chance. If anyone is taking that dress off of your back, is going to be me" Tom claimed softly in my ear. That alone was putting my third rule into some serious consideration. "And there will not be another change of clothes" Rule number three: Crumbling to the ground like the Berlin wall.

For a couple of hours, Tom and I remained separated from each other. I chatted with Scarlett and Elizabeth for most of the night and every time I would look at the bar, I would find Tom staring at me with an absent look on his face and an indelible dreamy smile. I would laugh every time Robert or Chris tried to recover his attention to whatever it was they were talking about.

Eventually, he managed to get himself free from his friends and he came to the table to claim me as her dance partner.

The first song we danced to, was clearly one of his favorites because he proudly displayed his entire movement repertoire while I just kept recycling the same move over and over again, maybe with some slight variations in my arms.

I like to dance and I am pretty good, but this man was putting me to shame. Me and the rest of the other mortals who had the courage to dance anywhere near him.

"I have seen that movement before, baby. I got to say is pretty hot!" I screamed through the loud music as he kept wiggling his hips to the rhythm of some 80's song that only Tom could possibly recognize.