Chapter Three: The Surreder.

I'm driving fast now. Don't think I know how to go slow...

*****

"Here we are." He stops right in front of what looks like a Greyhound bus, only this one is bigger and it has no wheels. His name is written on the door.

This is his personal trailer.

No kidding, Sherlock.

"Come on!" He takes a step ahead and I suddenly feel like my feet are deeply rooted in the ground. I yank my hand out of his grip but he doesn't seem to notice. "After you..." he says as he opens the door and turns around. He is holding the door open for me and I just can't move from my spot.

Standing there, a few inches in front of me, I can see him as a whole for the first time.

The number one thing that crosses my mind is how incredibly tall he is, but I've already notice that earlier so that doesn't strike me at all.

The rest of him, however, absolutely does.

His face is ridiculously bewitching: his eyes, blue and clear, have this glow to them that makes you feel safe and noticed; his bone structure is simply flawless with those cheekbones that everyone seems to worship, and a nose that's big enough to give him a manly semblance without getting to be grotesque. His lips, rather thin but perfectly framed by an incipient and neat beard, have that pink color that most British men have and I happen to adore.

When I finish scanning his face, I scroll my eyes down to the rest of his body. He is wearing a pair of dark-blue jeans, and under his very much well-used leather jacket I can see the hem of a grey cotton t-shirt. It is the middle of winter and it must be 40 degrees out here so I suppose it is a long sleeved one.

As I imagine the t-shirt under his jacket, my gaze wanders off to his hands: Long fingered, perfectly taken care of, probably wickedly skillful hands...

Enough!

I shake my head, or at least I do it internally as a way to snap out of this stupid trance I seem to have entered. Tom remains by the metal door that's still wide open. His eyes are locked on me and he seems a little dubious.

I open my mouth and I try to control the thoughts that are running through my mind at this moment.

"I should go and check on my dad. See if he needs anything." I say while I take a look around, avoiding his gaze.

I hear the door closing with a metallic sound and I force myself to look back at him.

He walks over to me, taking a few long strides and quickly breaching the distance that let me observe him so closely a few seconds ago.

His brow is frowning and he's staring at me thoroughly. He can perceive that my countenance has changed, but he doesn't know me well enough to figure out why.

"Is everything all right?" He asks with a hint of concern in his voice. He is dangerously close right now which makes it impossible for me to concentrate on the words I want to say. I feel quite dizzy and somewhat angry.

Angry at me for allowing this feeling to get so out of my control and angry at him, for putting me in this position. Why does he want me to go inside his private trailer? Who did he take me for? He doesn't know me.

Take it down a notch! He doesn't know you but you don't know him either. He might just want to show you something... like... What? A picture? A book? A fucking James Bond DVD? I don't think so...