Chapter Twenty-One: Lunatic, Highly Volatile and Inconsistent.

"The date was over when we got inside the bar" He says almost to himself. His voice comes out so low that at first I'm not sure if I got that right.

He opened the door to his house and let me pass before him so I have to turn around in order to look at him. He is scratching the thin stubble on his chin and has this serious, contemplative expression in his eyes. He's not looking at me so I guess he never meant for me to hear what he just mumbled.

He has been quiet the whole drive here and I didn't mind at all because I am rather exhausted myself and I thought he was feeling the same. But every once in a while, I would sneak a glance at him and I could tell he was mulling over something in his head. I wasn't sure what it was but now I think I have a pretty good idea.

I smile quietly and I just walk inside the living room as I take off my coat and I place it carefully on the hanger by the wall. I don't say anything and I simply move around the living room, pretending to be scanning the place. The front door closes with a thud and a few seconds later he shows up by my side.

"I love your place. It's... cozy" I say absentmindedly as I loosen the bobby pins that have been holding my braids up throughout the entire evening. My roots hurt a little as my hair falls down my naked back, so I run my fingers through it and I give my soar scalp a much deserved massage. I release a sigh of relief as I do it.

"You sound surprised" He says with his mouth pressed to my neck. I jolt a little when I feel his arms twisting around my waist as he holds me from behind and rocks me softly. "What were you expecting?"

To be honest, I don't know what I was expecting. I never actually thought about how his house would look like, but now that I am here, I guess that I would have picture a much sleeker, modern house.

The place is quite the opposite of that. It is classical, almost rustic and way much warmer and welcoming than what I would've imagine. After all, he is a celebrity. And a boy.

The building is typical of London; the front door leads to a narrow and long hallway that ends with a stairwell that heads to the second floor. On the left side of that corridor, it opens up to the living room we're standing right now. There's a big, three-sided window that goes all the way to the roof and it even has what it's clearly a costume made seat bench under it.

The wall to my left is hardly a wall because it is completely covered by a bookcase that goes form the floor to the ceiling and from side to side. There is no free space in it whatsoever and it is neatly filled with books of different size, colors and topics.

The living room is rather spacey and surprisingly well furnished with classic furniture and some decorations touches that I never thought a man that lives by himself would actually care about; a few decorative pillows and a handmade woolen blanket rest randomly on the big red velvet couch that's placed against the wall opposite the window, and a wide, recycled coffee table in front of it has a couple of magazines carefully stacked with some scented candles atop of them.

Some family pictures, a floor lamp next to the couch, a few framed movie posters hanging on the other walls and two armchairs complete the décor of the living room.

"I don't know... Something more boyish?" I say with a shrug. He laughs against my hair and he spins me around to face him. "This is lovely" I add.

"Boyish? Are you saying my place is girly, love?" He says with a playful frown.

"Well... you do have those!" I giggle as I tilt my head, pointing out the lavender candles sitting on the coffee table, "That's not something you usually see in a bachelor's pad" I kiss him quickly on the lips before I squirm myself off of his grasp and I let my body fall on the big couch. My feet are screaming to get out of these heels so I slip them off. I sigh out of sheer relief when I start rubbing the arch of my left, and more damaged foot with my thumbs.