S3E16 "ILLUMINATED"

The episode opens with kids smashing a pumpkin, showing that it's Halloween. The kids see a pack of figures (which we will refer to as "Oni") approaching them.

We cut to Isaac on the floor of the Argents' house, breathing heavily as Allison and Chris finally break through the door and get to him. Isaac is cold to the touch and barely responsive, as Chris slaps him and tries to trigger him to turn into his werewolf self.

Eventually after Chris's slaps and calls, Isaac turns, and describes to Allison and Chris that there were five figures in all black with covered faces and eyes that glowed like fireflies. He says they came out of the shadows, and Chris admits he doesn't know what that means before making the teens promise to keep it quiet for 24 hours.

Allison points out that whatever those things were, they could have killed Isaac, but Chris insists that they didn't because they were after him instead. He goes to his room and pulls out a box, pulling out an Oni mask that has been split in half.

Cue credits.

We see everyone sitting in the sheriff's office as agent McCall asks them all if they arrived at the same time to the scene by coincidence. The boys are confused, arguing lightly about who the agent is talking to, Lydia butting in "I think he's asking all three of you."

"Let me ask the questions, just so I have this absolutely clear," the agent says as the boys nod.
Agent McCall recaps the whole story, and asks how they knew Barrow would be at the power substation.

Stiles answers that it was because he was an electrical engineer, so 'where else' would he take her.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles," McCall says with a small look, Stiles assuring him that he's "just like his pops."

"We made a good guess. We got lucky. That's all," Noel clears up, trying to take control of the situation. McCall asks where Scott and Kira were, and they have a little fumble before settling on "We were eating sushi & pizza."

McCall asks the sheriff if he believes any of this, and the sheriff confirms that he thinks they were all just in the right place at the right time and Kira is lucky for it.

McCall asks Kira if that's how she remembers it, and after looks from the others, she confirms and asks for her phone back. McCall denies her this and the teens all leave, Scott being held back to have a word with his father.

Back home, Kira lights a candle and tries to check her newfound powers by taking a photo and seeing the outline of a fox around her.

After the break, we're back at school, where the coach is saying that just because there's no power doesn't mean there's no school. Stiles points out that that's a triple negative from where he stands at his locker, Noel beside him taking out some of his own books before putting in his earbuds.

Stiles drops a set of keys and wonders aloud where they came from as Noel's head bobs to his music, and Scott enters the school and freezes upon seeing Kira.

As Kira turns heel and starts walking away, Scott rushes to follow, but Stiles stops him. Noel removes one of his earbuds and the three boys argue whether or not Scott should talk to her. Stiles reasons that until they know she isn't a threat, they should all steer clear, to be careful.