S1E3 "PACK MENTALITY"

Noel enters the episode with Scott and Stiles, making a joke after Stiles says "Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently." He gives his friend a look and says "Stiles, you give a whole new meaning to the words 'only in your dreams'." He and Scott share a laugh while Stiles rolls his eyes. Noel is a bystander to Scott and Stiles' conversation from that point until...

"It's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take," Stiles says and Noel interjects by saying "Derek could probably teach you a thing or two about being a werewolf before he rips your face off and devours it." He is the only one that finds this joke funny. After a second of silence, Scott pipes up "Actually, that may not be such a bad idea." Stiles then smacks Scott on the back of his head and their canon conversation resumes.

As the three of them discover the bus in it's current state, Noel says "Maybe Derek is your best option at this point.." He follows Stiles and Scott back inside and tries to help Stiles convince Scott that Allison is alright by making up a story about her whereabouts.

Scott of course doesn't believe him, which only makes the werewolf more confused and afraid for his girlfriend's safety. He watches in stunned silence as Scott punches the locker, his eyes conveying deep raw fear. He breaks off from the group and tries in vain to fix the locker Scott destroyed, knowing that it's actually  Jackson's. When Scott comes back and sees Jackson looking at his locker in shock, the jock grabs Noel by the collar of his shirt, pins him up against the broken locker roughly, and asks his cousin a question (we can't hear what it is, only see Jackson's mouth moving and Noel shrinking back as far as he can). Jackson turns and makes eye contact with Scott, then Noel does the same with a pleading expression on his face, and Jackson asks "What are you looking at, asswipe?" which makes Scott retreat in the other direction, leaving Noel behind.

In the next scene, Noel can be seen with a black eye. No one brings any attention to it. He sits behind Stiles, and laughs along with the class when Scott and Stiles get separated. He rushes to the window with everyone else, but immediately backs away when Jackson looks at him.

During the next scene at lunchtime, Noel is sitting by himself at a table. Stiles and Scott sit with him, and Noel does little to acknowledge them outside of taking another bite of his food and looking annoyed.

"What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles asks, to which Noel interjects "What makes you so sure that I'm okay with you two sitting at this table with me?" This gets no response and Stiles and Scott continue their conversation.

When Lydia joins them at their table, Noel gives Scott and Stiles a look, which Stiles returns and says "You sure you want us to sit somewhere else, Noel?"

Lydia rests her chin in her hand and says "Yeah, Noah. Are you sure you want them to sit somewhere else?"

Noel shakes his head and flashes an awkward smile at Lydia, unfazed by her mispronunciation of his name. Everyone joins them at the table, though the boy in canon who sits at the head of the table is replaced by Noel, who was sitting there before everyone else arrived. Jackson makes the same command to have the boy move so he can sit at the head of the table, to which Noel says "But I was here first," Jackson raises a clenched fist in the air as if he's about to hit Noel, which makes the boy flinch away and gets up. Allison offers a soft "You can come sit by me, Noel." He smiles gratefully at her and sits beside her, listening to the rest of the group's conversation but not contributing.