S4E03 "MUTED"

The episode opens with a boy being stalked by a man with no mouth. A lot more than just that happens, but, brevity.

At the loft, someone kicks their boots up and Peter glares, saying "That table's Italian."

Braeden, the owner of the boots, informs him that her boots are as well, and Derek smiles at the joke as she asks if they're there to discuss interior design and fashion or if they're there to discuss numbers.

Derek stares at his reflection in a pair of sunglasses, and Peter writes down something on a slip of paper and slides it to Braeden. She takes a look and crosses out what Peter had written, putting something down herself and sliding it back to him.

"We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president," Peter says like her number is a joke, but Braeden defends "I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's gonna cost you."

Peter starts writing again, sliding the pen and paper to Braeden as she instantly denies it. Derek takes the paper and rips it before anyone can start any more drama, telling Braeden "We'll pay. Just find Kate, that's all we want."

Braeden seems pleased, and when she leaves, Peter asks Derek if he's insane.

"We didn't have a choice, we spent a week looking for her and came up with nothing," Derek defends, as Peter takes his usual route of weaponized sarcasm.

"I get it, you still have accidental first 'I love you' jitters, but that doesn't give you an excuse to blow what little money we have left! If we don't find out who told Kate about the vault, then we don't get those bonds back. What do you think I'm gonna do then, huh? Get a job? My resume is slightly out of date. We got robbed, Derek, we have nothing. And you know what nothing means? It means no pretty little wedding or white picket fence for you and-"

Derek cuts Peter off with a furious roar and a glow of golden eyes, Peter responding "Oh, that's a new look for you." Derek pulls his hand away with a shallow growl, and when Peter asks him what happened, he admits "I don't know. But I'm willing to pay to find out."

For the first time in a long time, we're on the lacrosse field at tryouts with Scott, Stiles, and Noel. The three boys walk out to the field as Stiles reminds Scott that he's the team captain, Noel saying "Well, assuming that you got your grades up like Coach told you to."

"I did, but he never said I was team captain again, just that I should show up to tryouts today," Scott tells them, as Stiles assures "Well, we've got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"I texted him, but he didn't get back to me," Scott admits, Noel stopping and asking in shock "You told him that his sister is back from the dead as a were-whatever-she-is over text? And he didn't text you back?"

"Well, I didn't have the money to call France," Scott says almost meekly, Stiles looking annoyed as Noel gives a 'he's got a point' gesture.

"Sounds like we both have some money trouble. Try paying for an MRI and a trip to Eichen House," Stiles says, not trying to one-up Scott, just sympathizing through a shared pain. Noel goes still and silent, looking down at the ground as Stiles says he got a final notice about paying his medical bills.