BONUS "SEARCH FOR A CURE"

a/n: due to unforeseen circumstances irl, there is no full episode coming this week. instead, please enjoy this special episode, throwing things back in time to season one! for those who aren't aware, "search for a cure" was a webseries created in 2011 set shortly after scott was bitten. i hope you all enjoy this brief return to the first season, and i'll see you next week for 4x06!

PART ONE

The webisode opens from a werewolf's POV, running through the preserve at night. Their vision is red as they run seemingly on all fours from the preserve to a parking lot. They approach what is clearly Stiles' jeep, jumping onto the roof as Stiles and Noel talk to each other inside. Noel jumps at the sound, and they both look upward and out the window as we see that the werewolf we followed was, of course, Scott.

Stiles sighs, annoyed but relieved that it's Scott and not someone else, as Scott asks what they managed to find out. Stiles almost smirks as Noel turns to look at him, and we cut to the three of them standing at the hood of the jeep watching a video of a man lecturing on Stiles' phone.

"The term 'lycanthrope' is derived from the Greek myth of Lycan, the king of Arcadia, renowned for his cruelty. He was later transformed into a wolf by Zeus- Turned into a monster as punishment for his own monstrous actions. But lycanthrope, as we all know, is just another name for werewolf."

As the man lectures, Scott looks surprisedly at Stiles and Noel, the latter of whom keeps fidgeting with his fingers and chewing his lips as he listens.

"The half-man half-wolf legend appears in dozens of different cultures from the Vilkatas of Lithuania to the Wawkalak of Russia to the more commonly known Loup-Garou of France. Now contrary to some belief, the werewolf's abilities are not beholden to the full moon. Rather, they can be called upon at will. Now those abilities can range from incredible speed to remarkable agility, and capability to move in the bipedal run while equally adept as a quadruped."

As the man lists off these abilities and traits, we see clips of Scott performing the actions, as he watches the video with curiosity and surprise at the man's knowledge.

"Yes, I'm aware of lycanthropy, the psychological disorder in which a person mistakenly believes themself to be a wild animal, but I'm not here to discuss that. I'm not talking about a disorder of the mind, I'm talking about werewolves. The actual and proven existence of werewolves."

Behind the man as he turns to face the notes on his board, his class/audience begins to chatter as the video ends along with the first episode of the miniseries.

PART TWO

Stiles looks at Scott and says "This is the guy. This is your cure."

"So who is he?" Scott asks, as Stiles explains that he legally changed his name to Dr. Conrad Fenris.

"Are you serious?" Scott asks in shock, as Stiles smiles and Scott looks on blankly. Stiles realizes Scott doesn't actually know the significance, as Noel chimes in "Well, Fenris was the son of Loki in Norse mythos. Stiles has-"

"I have a picture," Stiles cuts in and shows Scott a photo of a man on a horse fighting a wolf. Scott asks if the man is Fenris, and Stiles corrects him "He's the wolf, dumbass! He's supposed to be the influence for the story of Little Red Riding Hood."