{Short} Mastermind!Reader

"Shuichiiiiii~!" You called cheerfully after the detective, making him stop in his tracks as he turned to face you. A small smile formed on his face at the sight of his friend, which you returned with an obnoxious grin, "How's my bestie doing?"

"I'm doing okay," Shuichi chuckled a bit, clearly amused by your childishness and energy. Choosing to pursue him was definitely the right choice- he would soon be horrified by the traits that used to entertain him.

"I heard you and Kaito started doing some exercise at night. What's that all about?" You curiously asked. You'd seen the entire thing with the help of the Nanokumas transmitting to Motherkuma, but you still didn't know all of Shuichi's thoughts about it. You only knew what had transpired the previous few nights.

"Oh... yeah, Kaito asked me to start 'training' with him. He somehow managed to drag Maki into it too... but she's way stronger than we are," Shuichi let out another small chuckle as he recalled the memories. But of course... something had to ruin your precious moment of building Shuichi's hopes so you could later crush them.

"Shuichi! (Y/N)! He's coming!" Kaito warned in a low voice, looking all around him in fear. Uh oh... Kokichi really had tricked Gonta into doing something nasty, hadn't he?

"What are you talking about?" You played dumb, a little bit genuinely clueless. You didn't know exactly what Gonta was up to, after all.

"And who's 'he?'" Shuichi added, seeming just as 'clueless' as you were. Kaito's face almost paled.

"Wha-? You haven't heard? Gonta started kidnapping people!" Kaito exclaimed. Wait... Gonta what?! This would definitely be interesting...

"Kidnapping?!"

"Gonta?!"

You and Shuichi both made your own exclamations, and Kaito looked around before gulping, "Just... hurry and run! I gotta go, I think he'll be here soon!"

Kaito dashed off after that, leaving you and Shuichi behind. You turned to Shuichi and grabbed his arm, startling him though he didn't protest as you hid inside your dorm. Hopefully, Gonta wouldn't check the dorms...

"Sorry to grab you like that Shuichi... I just think we might be safe in my dorm," You sheepishly explained, though you wouldn't mind doing... something else-

"It's okay, I understand... I just hope you're right," Shuichi sighed.

~~~

"(Y/N)... you're the mastermind...?" Shuichi's voice trembled, and he slowly looked up at you to reveal the tears in his eyes.

"Haha... yes I am~! Oh, that despair on your face is so adorable... are you sad that your precious friend is actually a traitor~?!"

~~~
Word count: 429

I wrote this cuz y'know it was a request... but I have like zero motivation, so... sorry about it being so short...

I think I'm gonna be taking a break from writing for mental reasons. I'm having a psychotic episode and it's to the point I have to ask other people basic things like if something is moving or if they can hear something I'm hearing because I'm having trouble telling if it's actually there or not... and I'm becoming so detached from reality that it's difficult for me to physically move. I'm just... really not in a good place mentally.