Shuichi Learns How to Flirt

I made the edit ovo

It's a remake of an edit I did in like 2018, here's the original for those of you who are curious:

Your local trans catboy has improved drastically★

~~~

"Okay Shuichi, do you know why you're here in my dating advice class?" Shaun asked me.

"Yeah.." I sighed a little. Kaede was working with Shaun and when either one of them found somebody they thought was bad at flirting but could improve, they invited them to some 'dating advice club.' It was Shaun's way of making flirting classes an actual thing sponsored by the school. Why was I here? I wanted to ask out (Y/N) but Kaede found out I'm a hopeless wreck at doing that.

There were a few other kids here, and most of them were eating cookies that Kaede had bought for everyone. Some had their own snacks and a couple others chose not to eat anything.

"Goody goody! Then let's get this meeting started. Today we're gonna focus on the curious case of Shuichi because as we know, newbies get a whole day of recognition as courtesy."

~~~

"...A-and then I kiss her, right?" I looked over to Shaun for approval, but he simply sighed. For somebody trying to teach people, he clearly wasn't very patient with them. I could tell he was holding back anger, which he instead unleashed by writing his thoughts on the whiteboard.

"Good news, you finally didn't sound like a desperate creep. Bad news, you forgot to ask for consent before kissing her," Shaun sighed, "Even if she seems like she's tooooootally down to kiss, ask first because assumptions make an ass of you and me."

"Oh... sorry," I apologized softly for messing it up for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Just do it again from after we assume she says yes. We'll cover what to do when she says no after this for the sake of time since we only get to meet for half an hour," Shaun made a motion with his hand to indicate that we needed to pick up the pace.

Sighing a little, I repeated the lines that Shaun had helped me write.

"Hey, you did it right this time! Obviously if you actually ask her out it'll be super different and you might even forget the lines, but the point of this exercise is to show it's possible. But now we gotta go over what to do if she says no," Shaun switched gears rather quickly.

Nobody realized that (Y/N) was secretly spying on the entire lesson.

~~~

"Wow Shuichi, I didn't know you had a crush on me," (Y/N) sort of giggled, immediately making me anxious. What if she didn't like me back and was going to make fun of me?

"I-I..." I stammered out in embarrassment, unsure of how to respond. How could I have been coached maybe five minutes ago and totally forget everything already?!

"Hey, don't worry! I like you too... and as long as you remember to ask for consent I'm totally down to date~"

~~~
Word count: 482