{Part 1} Empress!Reader

Weeee kinda medieval/fantasy AU.
~~~

Your eyes were full of determination as you thrust your sword forward and swept the blade across your opponent's neck, causing blood to pour from it mercilessly. Your watched their eyes widen as they dropped their sword and fell to the floor, their hands flying to their neck as they tried to stop the bleeding but to no avail. There was shouting and screaming, but you could barely hear it anymore. Instead, you quickly returned to battle, knowing you could easily overpower the last few enemies who remained.

~~~

"Your majesty, we have captured three enemy troops," Count Momota informed you, bowing at your throne. Two medics were inspecting your wounds and treating you, but you paid little mind to them.

"Good. Which of you was responsible for the capture?" You asked. Whoever it was, you would be sure to give them a hefty reward.

"It was a commoner, your majesty. They picked up a dead knight's sword and fought with great skill," Count Momota's eyes seemed to spark with both jealousy and admiration for a second.

"Bring this commoner to me at once, and torture the enemies unless they start spilling anything that could be of use to us. Make sure they know if we find out they're lying they'll have a fate worse than death. You are dismissed," You ordered, and Count Momota left your throne room with a bow and not another word.

As he left you alone with the two medics, you wondered who this commoner was and how he'd learned to wield a sword. Only noblemen and knights were trained, so how could a commoner learn how? Were they perhaps a runaway from another kingdom?

~~~

"So this is the commoner who helped capture three enemies... What is your name?" You peered down at the commoner with piercing eyes as you spoke, loving how he seemed so nervous. The way his hands shook and the way his uneven breaths gave away the fact he was nervous from your very presence made you feel powerful.

"I-it's Shuichi Saihara, your majesty," the commoner spoke in a soft voice, his eyes on the floor. You hummed a bit at the name 'Saihara.' Something didn't add up because you knew that name- you knew it well.

"How did you become a commoner? Your family was born into riches," You sneered. Perhaps he'd been abandoned to the streets for not being able to live up to the expectations of a nobleman.

"My parents didn't want to give up their wealth to an heir... s-so they denied that they had a son and sent me to live as a servant for my uncle," Shuichi explained. What...? If that was true, then...

You turned your head to your side to see your personal servant, Kirumi Tojo, and spoke the simple command to her, "Find this boy's parents at once."

"Of course, your majesty," Kirumi bowed respectfully and then left the throne room to set off on the task given to her. You then turned back to Shuichi.

"Should your story be true, you will receive justice. But should it be a lie, you will be thrown in the dungeon. Until then, you are to remain in the castle so you cannot flee. The guards will show you to your guest quarters."

~~~

You let out a sigh, standing on a balcony that overlooked your kingdom. Ever since you had dismissed Shuichi from your castle to live as a nobleman, something had always felt like it was missing. For some reason, you felt a longing to see the boy again. At first you suspected witchcraft of some kind, but you reasoned that it was completely banned in your kingdom and you had long ago stopped people from illegally bringing spell books and supplies into the kingdom. What could the problem be...?

"It's love," somebody whispered, but you could tell that you weren't supposed to hear it. You pretended to keep your gaze fixated on the kingdom, but you were really eavesdropping.

"Who could she have fallen in love with, though?" a second person whispered, their voice way less sneaky. You could tell that was Count Momota.

"It has to be that Saihara guy. She keeps staring out into the kingdom, implying that her love isn't in the castle... and the only person who's left this castle except for servants she never sees was Shuichi Saihara," the first person explained.

"Well then, let's bring that guy over here and surprise her!" Count Momota suggested to the first person, and their voices immediately started to get further away, meaning that they were probably walking away. The thought of seeing Shuichi again immediately made you get excited, and for the first time ever in your life... a little pinch of what you'd heard of being referred to as 'nervous.' Did this so called love really have that kind of power? If so... the stories your parents used to tell you must have been true.

They'd told you over and over how they'd used to be rulers of kingdoms that were bitter enemies, and they'd met after your mother had captured your father. He was sent to be executed, but he fought for his own life in such a smart and creative way that your mother admired it, and soon admired him too. She couldn't bring herself to order his death, and soon your father had fallen in love too. They'd both called off the war between their kingdoms, and they got married the next year and merged the kingdoms into one. Now that they'd died nearly three years ago, you were in charge of the kingdom with no heir to the throne if you died.

Sighing, you made your way back to your throne room, sitting in your throne and just... waiting for something, anything, to happen. To your surprise, you weren't waiting long.

"Your majesty, Shuichi Saihara says you summoned him," one of your guards informed as they bowed to you. You hadn't, but you were sure that Count Momota had lied to him. For some reason, you didn't care that he'd lied... you were just happy that Shuichi was here.

"Bring him in," Your voice almost shook, surprising you. The guard also seemed surprised, but he didn't say anything as he allowed Shuichi to enter the throne room.

Instead of commoner's clothing, he now wore a suit... though he was still dressed very modestly. He had a small hat on as well as gloves, probably to hide his long calloused hands as that was a disgrace for nobles. You felt yourself immediately adoring the way he was dressed, but then a pang of sheer horror gripped you.

...You didn't know what to say for the first time in your life.

~~~
Word count: 1128

Part 2 coming... I dunno. Whenever I feel like it★