Neko! Reader

(Your POV)

"You're so cute!" Kaede giggled as she watched you play with a ball of yarn like a cat. You pretended to not hear her as you focuses on the yarn, but eventually you got tired.

"Hmmm, I'm tired~" You yawned, curling up in a ball on the couch. Kaede giggled and began to pet you a bit, making you purr as you felt yourself get more drowsy.

A click of the key in the door made your tail flick a little, Shuichi was finally home from his long day. He'd been working overtime nearly every day because there was a big case, but nobody complained because he was getting a lot of extra money. Like, a LOT.

"I'm home," Shuichi half announced, half whispered. His endless shyness was adorable, though you didn't say it.

"Hey Shuichi! (Y/N)'s just about to take a nap," Kaede quietly explained, still petting you.

"Hi Shuichi," You yawned again, nuzzling Kaede's hand and opening an eye to look at the male. He was smiling a bit and walked over to you, taking Kaede's place of petting you.

"Hey (Y/N)," Shuichi greeted, scratching you behind the ears. You purred and your eyes fell closed again, focusing on the comfort.

"How was your day?" You asked tiredly.

Shuichi only laughed a little, "It was good. Now go to sleep, I can tell you're tired."

"Only if you promise you'll hug and cuddle me while I sleep~" You giggled. If you felt lonely sometimes Shuichi or Kaede would cuddle with you until you both fell asleep. None of you thought any of this because it was just a cat thing.

"Okay, okay," Shuichi agreed, hugging you close and petting your ears. You wrapped your tail around his torso and nuzzled his chest, hugging him back.

"Thank chuuu~" You sang, and quickly fell asleep.

~~~

You woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon. Walking into the kitchen, you saw Shuichi with his usual cup of coffee while reading a mystery book titled Double Helix casually, and Kaede was almost done making breakfast of bacon and eggs.

"Morning, (Y/N)!" Kaede cheerfully called.

"Good morning," You replied, taking a seat next to Shuichi.

He smiled, and without even looking up from his book asked, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yep!" You smiled as well, and Kaede brought the finished breakfast to the table.

"Breakfast is ready!" Kaede giggled, and all of you filled your plates with the delicious food. When you looked at the clock you noticed it was nearly 9 AM, and you gave Shuichi a confused look since his shift started at 9 AM.

"Hey Shuichi, don't you need to go to work today?" You questioned.

"Ah, not today. I wanted to go today since tomorrow's the weekend but they insisted I rest..." Shuichi explained.

"Well, you have been working really hard on the case. They probably don't wanna overwork you," Kaede shrugged, "And a three day weekend sounds fun! We should get ice cream!"

"Yeah!" You cheered, "What do you think, Shuichi?"

"If that's what you all want," Shuichi smiled.

~~~

"Wow! Their chocolate flavor is amazing!" Kaede gasped.

"Cool!" You giggled, you had a bowl of (flavor) ice cream. Shuichi had vanilla with chocolate syrup and oddly enough, rainbow sprinkles. Yes, the boy known for being emo was eating rainbow sprinkles.

"Why the colorful sprinkles? Trying to show off your gayness to a certain scarf-wearing purple elephant?" You teased.

"N-no!" Shuichi blushed a little from the tease, though it was obvious he at least had a slight crush on Kokichi. Not a very big one, though.

"Awwwwe, you're blushing!" Kaede joined the tease.

Shuichi tried to hide his blush with his hand, but you could still see it clear as day. Eventually the scene calmed down, however.

"You never answered why you have rainbow sprinkles," You giggled.

"Cuz (Y/N) told me... to try new things," Shuichi explained.

"Do you like them?" You asked.

"Yeah..." Shuichi admitted quietly.

"Yaaaay! Bonus point for me!" You cheered, wrapping your arms around the male.

"Careful, (Y/N)! Your tail came untied and your hat-!" Kaede tried to warn, but it was too late.

You didn't want the public to know you were a neko because they were seen as freaks by some people and lots of other people just thought they were adorable. So in public you tied your tail to the tag of your shirt and wore a hat, but from the constant movement both of those came undone.

"Oh crap!" You gasped, and you could feel heads turning as they realized there was a neko inside the ice cream shop.

"Mommy, a kitty!" A little kid called out and began to walk towards you.

The mother held the kid back and people began whispering and talking, making you feel so awkward you ran to the car and hid on the floor in a ball.

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N)?! Are you alright?" Shuichi was now in the car, kneeling on the other side of the floor.

"J-just freaked out... I'm not used to that kinda attention!" You cried out.

"Hey, it's okay," Shuichi promised, and gently began to pet you. You purred and nuzzled his hand gently, and you wrapped your arms around him in an embrace.

"Thanks..." You whispered as he kept petting you, rubbing your back comfortingly with his other hand.

Shuichi didn't respond and eventually you'd calmed down. Kaede had come and gone a few times after you asked to be alone each time. By now you were both in the back seat, you resting your head in his lap.

"Shuichi, can I tell you something?" You prompted

"Of course," Shuichi scratched behind your ear.

You nuzzled his torso and spoke, "W-well... I... I have a crush on you..." You explained.

Shuichi froze and started to blush madly. You started to grow nervous that he didn't like you back, but before you could say anything he spoke softly.

"(Y/N)... I-I... like you too," Shuichi admitted, and immediately you threw your arms around him tightly. "Ah?!" Shuichi made a small noise in surprise, and you giggled a little at his cuteness.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" You asked, nuzzling his cheek. It was warm and still red from the blush, making you purr and chuckle.

"O-oh... um... s-sure!" Shuichi shyly agreed, and you laughed.

"Awwwe, you're so cute and shy~!" You cooed, kissing his cheek. He became a blushing mess once more, making you continue to giggle and laugh.

"OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!!!" Kaede's shouted from the driver's seat, and she was holding her phone up.

"Were you recording us?!" You exclaimed.

"Mhm!!" Kaede grinned, "You guys are already an adorable couple!"

"Sh-shut up!" You whined, and Shuichi just looked away in embarrassment.

"Yep, definitely adorable!" Kaede started the car as she spoke, and casually drove home like it was a normal day.

~~~
Word count: 1167

Quick A/N, this book might be closed or put on hiatus. I have some other projects I need to do and I'm long due for a profile cleaning *cough* Bendystraw still hanging around *cough*

BUT!!! Don't jump to conclusions, I might not do anything that impacts this book at all