Fifteen Years Later

A.N Been awhile, I meant to upload as soon as I put up the prologue. I simply forgot, sorry! But I hope you like, I have lots planned for this fan fic. Vote, fan, feedback!

~~

Pandora's POV

I was happy. Ecstatic even. I didn't even care I was quitting my old school, it's not like I had many friends there. And Saint Hubert's didn't have any magical courses. And I wanted to learn magic!

Although Aunt Marguerite had told me of witches and wizards, she was known as a Squib. She was one with magical parents but no ability herself, so she could not teach me. Apart from that, she was the best person ever, and I hated those who thought Squibs were second-rate class citizens. And mother never taught me, even if she was a pureblood witch. She never spoke of magic; it left a horrible despair in her eyes. She would not tell me why. But I did once hear her and Aunt Marguerite speaking of being purebloods. Mom wished she wasn't one, and then he wouldn't have been interested in her, or so she says. I had a feeling 'he' was my dad.

Dad was a halfblood, which made me a halfblood. Well I guess three quarter blood, but I was still called a halfblood. 

My gloomy and random thoughts got replaced with ones of joy.

I'm going to Hogwarts, I thought with glee. Well, transferring to Hogwarts. It was apparently a privilege and a rarity. I had wanted to go since I received the letter at age eleven. But Aunt Marguerite and mother had said no. Said it was dangerous. But now, after years of persuading, they had agreed. I was going to become a witch! I waited as Aunt Marguerite pulled out some money from Gringott's Bank.

"You ready to get your robes?" Mom asked with a smile, I grinned.

"You bet! I wonder what house I'm going to be in."

"Maybe you'll be a Ravenclaw, you are intelligent."

"What were you?" I asked, genuinely curious. Yet the sadness that came when ever we spoke of magic or I asked about my father crept into her eyes.

"Slytherin. I was the first one in our family." Tears showed in her eyes. "Unfortunately." She added in a small whisper, one I was barely sure I heard.

Aunt Marguerite came out, her purse now filled with galleons, sickles and knutts. "Let's go get those robes!"

"And books." Mom added.

"And a wand!" I added enthusiastically.

They both chuckled at me. "Yes a wand. Let's go to Olivander's."

I grinned and we walked into the shop, greeted by an elder man.

"Can I help you?" He asked, looking at mom.

"Yes, my daughter's getting a wand."

"A wand hmm?" He scratched his chin and looked down on me. His hand froze mid-scratch. Aunt Marguerite noticed him staring and cleared her throat loudly.  "Oh yes, the wand. I'm sorry." He mumbled before disappearing behind shelves. He came out with a single box and opened it. Inside was a beautiful wand. "Take it."

I picked it up gently, the handle resting perfectly in my hand. "I love it!"

"Yes but does it love you?"

"What?"

"The wand chooses the wizard, not the other way around. This one is a holly wand, with a phoenix feather core. Now try something with it."

I wasn't sure what he meant, but waved the wand around. Everything began to float. I could feel the flow of magic coursing through my body, directed through the wand.

"It's perfect!"

"Yes. I thought so." The man gave my mother a long look before simply walking away.

In the robes shop, I got strange looks again, but soon they would shake their heads and smile. Only adults did this. I received no looks in the bookstore and thank God for that, these people were really starting to creep me out. Were all wizards and witches like this? But I said nothing to Aunt Marguerite or mother, the second of whom was holding me tightly.

"Mom, your hurting me." I said, and it was true. But the main reason I wanted her to let go was that I was fifteen and didn't want to be cuddled to death in front of all these people, especially if some of the kids attend Hogwarts. We walked out, all my stuff in large bags. Mom and Aunt Marguerite stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked, they gave each other knowing looks and then gestured the shop behind them with large grins. I looked and realized what it was. "Oh thank you!" I yelled excitedly and ran into the pet store.

I looked around, finally choosing a creature. "Um mom, what do you think of snakes?"

Mother rushed over and looked at the snake. It was beautiful, it's scales glittered like emeralds yet the tips were onyx, it's eyes cut from the same green stone. It flicked a ruby red tongue at us. "No, anything but a snake."

Then she literally dragged me away from the reptile section, much to my disappointment. Finally, I settled on a Tyto Alba owl, figuring it could be useful. It had silvery feathers with a few scattered dark spots and markings and intelligent eyes, I also couldn't help but laugh as it rubbed it's head on my shoulder.

"Oh thank you!" I said to mom, she laughed.

"What shall you name it?"

"I don't know."

"How about Silver?" Aunt Marguerite suggested.

I shook my head no. "I want something unique."

"Tyto?" I laughed and agreed, few people knew the names of a barn owl's subspecies. And I liked the name, although it made me think of Toto from the wizard of Oz.

"Come on Tyto." I crooned and scratched his head, causing him to lean in with pleasure.

Alexandra's POV

I listened to my daughter's crystalline laugh. Yet I was still shaken from her choosing a snake. It was a beautiful snake, yet I could not let her have anything in common with her father. It had taken quite a bit to let her go to Hogwarts', I was too afraid she would become a Slytherin. Too much like her father. I had to help her keep her secret. Don't open your box, my dear Pandora. Only pain and misery lie inside.