Memory

Pan's POV

Visiting hour ended soon after Alex left, and I was left alone with the echoes of 'get better soon' still ringing in my head. They went searching for our little runaway after Madame Pomfrey shooed them away. It had been half an hour, before the door opened and Alex walked in, helping support someone. I couldnt see much, just his back. Madame Pomfrey was in a fuss. "My goodness! What happened?"

"He got hurt." I heard Alex say.

"Oh my, oh my." The nurse lifted the injured boy's shirt an looked at a wound out of my sight. "This is a horrible cut. But I can fix it." She seemed doubtful, and she gave a wavering smile. "Come now. Girl you can go." Madame took the boy, walking him into another room I couldn't see. Alex cast me a glance and walked out.

It took two hours before Madame Pomfrey emerged from the room with the blond boy. He was shirtless, and bandages were wrapped around his chest. I realized Madame Pomfrey was carrying his shirt. "This is too bloody to save, but I can send someone to your dorm to get a new one. "

He mumbled something, and Madame Pomfrey smiled. For some reason I felt like I shouldnt be watching, and feigned sleep. Through the crack between my eyelids, I saw she set the boy on the bed next to mine. She told him to sleep, and walked over and shook me 'awake'. I blinked my eyes open, and she smiled at me. "I still haven't found the cause of your blackout and amnesia. But for your safety I want to hold you here another day, run a few tests. Alright?"  

"Sure." Great. Not only do I not remember my first day of classes except for what the others told me, I miss my second. I want to learn some spells! The nurse patted my hand before going back to the other room. That's when the boy spoke up.  

"So you're Pan."

That surprised me. "Have I met you today? I did, didn't I? I'm sorry I don't remember."

"Umm..." He looked at me oddly.

"Oh I'm sorry. I got amnesia today. It's why I'm here."

"Amnesia? Seriously? That sucks."

For some reason, that made me laugh a bit. "Yeah, it does." I held out my hand. "Since I can't remember today, I'll introduce myself- possibly again. I'm Pandora Blacksward."

He leaned over his bed, took my hand and shook it. "Draco Malfoy." As he said his name, memories picked at my concsiousness. Malfoy was the boy Hermione mentionned, saying he came to us after Potions to talk to Alex. But the actual memory itself was in my head, kinda fuzzy, with shadows hovering around the edge.

Draco walking up to us.

Hermione, spiteful. "What do you want Malfoy?"

Him, pointing. "Her."

The shadows, closing in, wiping the rest of my memory away.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and I nodded, answering and trying to shake the shadows from my mind.

"Yeah. So what did you want with Alex?"

"I thought you had amnesia."

"I do, but memories are starting to return. But only the one; where you came up to us."

"Oh, okay then."

"You know, you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to."

"Huh? No, it's okay. So how are you feeling Pan?"

"I should be asking you that! Poor thing, what happened?"

He touched his side lightly and flinched. "Magical accident."

"Seriously? What happened?"

"When a spell goes wrong, well sometimes itt can go really wrong..." He said, gesturing his side. "So make sure you do them right."

"I will!""

He laughed, oddly enough, making me cast a confused look. He simply waved it off. "Oh nothing."

Alex's POV

I have hurt him. I have cut him. I have made him bleed. I might of killed him. I almost killed him. My one frind, my only friend, my friend I have known for years, hurt. Because of me. He might not even make it through the night. A sob escaped my throat.

A sob.

A pathetic emotional show of weakness.

Immeadiatly, I returned to normal. I am Alexandra Riddle, heiress of Slytherin. I cried for no one. Not even my friends. In fact, I had no friends, just pawns for me to control. So what if Draco dies tonight? He should not have inturrupted a dark sorceress on an undercover mission. No longer was I the girl who cried for the tortured innocent souls screaming in my house. No longer did tears fall after I pretended to be cruel. Because I no longer pretend. I am cruel. Cruel and evil and dark. No, not dark, but Dark. A Dark witch, filled with Dark powers. I embrace the Darkness. I am the Darkness, and it is I. My whole being, a shadowy monster, airy and able to dissapear in the blink of an eye. The Dark holds the secrets, the monsters, hidden from Light's eye, waiting to attack. There is a reason people fear the Dark.

I am one of them.