The Sorting of the blood of Slytherin

Alex's POV

You speak! I thought to the hat.

Yes I speak, have you not noticed that as I shouted each student’s house?

I meant in my mind.

Yes, I speak in your mind too Miss Riddle.

How dare you? How do you know?

I see all in your mind, including the things hidden from you. Quite an interesting plan your Father has.

If you dare tell anyone... I threatened.

Do not worry Miss Riddle; I am unable to reveal anything I have seen in your mind to others. Your secrets are safe with me.

They better be, or else you’ll become underwear for a troll!

Just because I cannot tell does not mean I can’t hinder your plans. I am also required to put you in which ever house is best for you, and Gryffindor isn’t it. Your heart must purify before you could ever be a Gryffindor.

I panicked. Don’t you dare! Insolent hat, you shall be destroyed!                 

“Slytherin!” It shouted, and I nearly ripped the hat apart there and then as the Slytherins clapped. I sat down on the nearest seat, unable to sit with Draco because of stupid Potter. This shall be a pain, a major hindrance in our plans. Why would Potter ever talk to a Slytherin?

So I sat down in a foul mood and didn’t even brighten up when food appeared from nowhere. I ate in silence, pointedly ignoring the person trying to talk to me and followed the crowd to our room. Draco approached me once we were inside. “Alex?”

“What?” I snapped.

“Just wondering if you were okay.”

“Of course not! How am I supposed to complete my mission when I’m in his enemy house?”

“Well, at least you’re in it with me.”

I had to smile, of course I was happy to be in it with him, Draco was my only friend. “Father shall be furious.”

“When isn’t he?” Draco said with a laugh, I silenced him with a look before cracking a grin.

“True.” We laughed a bit when two big, dumb looking boys came over. “Yes?” I said, expressing my annoyance.

"We were just coming to talk to Draco."

Draco sighed. "This is Crabbe and Goyl." Dumb and Dumber grinned. "This is Alex."

"I'm going to go write a letter to Father, can I use your owl Draco?" He nodded and I left. I quickly wrote out a letter and sent the owl off, watching it fade into the night sky. Neleh shivered in my pocket, poor snake didn't like the cold of the dungeons. It was even worse for her up here in the tower. She curled around my arm as I walked back down the stairs, hissing in my ear.