Sectumsempra

Pan's POV

Madame Pomfrey cared for me, wrapping up my ankle which I had twisted while falling unconscious. It still bugged me, I couldn't even remember waking up, or any of my classes. All I could remember was yesterday. So I spent the hours sleeping or wondering over what might have happened. I was grateful when visiting hours opened, I was dieing with questions. Harry, Hermione, Ron and Alex came in. There were only two guest chairs, so Alex and Harry sat on the edge of my bed. For some reason, I wanted to back away from her, but at the same time I felt like we were alike.  

Jeez I must have hit my head hard.

"How are you feeling?" Ron asked. Hehe what a sweety.

"Bored and confused. Can you guys tell me what I did today?"

"Sure thing Pan."

They all took turns telling me about my day. And seriously, it seemed pretty good. Too bad I can't remember it.

"And then it fell on his head!"

I laughed. I did that? I ended up trying the spell, and we laughed as the sheets on the empty bed beside us flew up like a ghost. They continued telling me about my day, how I got a detention in Potions class that I missed, and how a boy named Malfoy interrupted us. Hermione and Alex only told m little details like that because I insisted.

"And then, to asked me if snakes could talk." Hermione said, instantly silencing the others.

"You knew?" Harry asked.

"Yes, and I was going to tell you tonight. Dumbledore wants you to teach her."

"You're both parseltongues?" Alex asked. Her voice held surprise, along with a tint of something darker.

"Everyone knows Harry's a parseltongue." Ron declared somewhat obliviously.

"What's the big deal with parseltongues?" I asked, confused. But something about it seemed familiar, and not just because Harry mentioned it earlier. Hermione explained the rarity of parseltongues. Saying how Gryffindors hav never had the ability before, how only Slytherins have. And how it's so rare that never in history have more than one person have had the ability at once; until now, where three people have it.  

"Who else has it?" I felt like I knew the answer already, Hermione probably told me today.  

"The Dark Lord Voldemort." With those words, Alex marched out.

Alex's POV

I knew Harry was a parseltongue, but hearing it from those goody-goods mouths made it seem so much worse. And now I suddenly find out that the muglle-loving Pandora is one too? It's a disgrace to the house of Slytherin. For Gryffindors, the enemies of Slytherin, to have Slytherin's most sacred ability while Salazar's own heiress does not. For a rarity and first in history, to have three people who can speak the snake's language, and only one of them of the snake's blood. I felt movement in my pocket, and pulled out Neleh. I glared at her angrily. "You knew, didn't you? And you talked to her at the Owl Tower!"

Neleh hissed in reply, her words meanigless to me. This angered me even more. I marched down to the dungeons, fleeing to the common room. The common room was empty, everyone was eating dinner-  Pan had missed her fourth class- and for this I was glad. I marched over to the fireplace, there was one in the rooms along with the common room because of the coldness in the dungeons, and whipped out my wand. I muttered a spell, and a scene appeared in the ashes. Dark green walls with silver trimming, all black furniture, and anything that could be made with silver made of silver. No pictures hung on the walls, no flower vase sat on the little silver side table, and the books on the wall were all bound in the same black leather. No fire burned in the cold fireplace, for none has burned in a long time. The room sucked up happiness, and inspired dark thoughts to creep into your mind. It was beautiful. it was my home, the manor I resided in with my father . And there he was, pacing the room with Wormtail in tow. I stuck my face in the scene, and I knew my face appeared as embers in the room. Suddenly, I could hear, "Father."

He stopped his pacing and turned to me. "It's about time you report, now leave us Wormtail!" Wormtail hastily bowed his ugly head and left the room.

"I'm sorry for the lateness Father, I have been hard at work."

"Yes, yes. Now give me the report!"

I bowed my head. "Yes my Lord. I have managed to befriend Harry Potter and his friends."

"Good, that was quick. He's really too naive, it's only been since yesterday that he's known you."

"Yes, and I have joined his little group, along with another transfer student who has joined this year. I believe they trust me, but I am unsure if they have doubts because I was sorted into Slytherin."

"Slytherin? I had a fear this would happen. Your blood is pure, and you are descendant of Salzar himself, so it is trully no wonder you were put there." I wanted to breathe a sigh of relief, I was afraid he's be angered by my failure.

"The hat knows of my heritage, but he is sworn to secrecy, a spell that won't let him tell others about my- or anyone's- secrets."

"Yes I know that fool! I have met the hat myself."

"I'm sorry my Lord." I bowed my head. "But, it makes me wonder..."

"Spit it out!"

"I wonder why a parseltongue was put in Gryffindor."

"Yes, I too wonder why Harry was put there. As a Slytherin, he could have been of so much use to me..."

"My Lord, pardon the inturruption, but I was not speaking of Harry. I speak of the transfer, her name is Pandora, and I learned she too is a parseltongue."

This caught his attention, "Tell me of this Pandora."

"Well, Pandora is-as you know- a parseltongue. She was sorted into Gryffindor and instantly befriended Potter and co. on the train. And... Well, she looks-" Wormtail came rushing in, inturrupting.

"My Lord, I am sorry for inturrupting, but you are needed- Arrrg!" He started twitching as my father cast Crucio on him.

"Never inturrupt." As he held the spell, he looked at me once more. "Report in a week Alexandra, I must go."

I bowed my head. "Yes Father." With that, the spell ended.

Suddenly a voice spoke, "Who were you talking to?"

Before thinking, I whipped around "Sectumsempra!"

It was a spell Severus had taught me when Father demanded I learned to fight, but now I regretted it. Because it was Draco standing there. I turned my wand at the last minute, and it cut open his side instead of his heart. It was not a fatal shot, and you only needed the reverse spell for fatal shots. So I didn't need Snape, the only one who knows the reverse of it. He clutched his side as he fell, gasping in pain. "Draco!"

I rushed over, tears threatning to fall as I watched my bestfriend collaps. I held them in though, it was that stupid soft side. I refused to let that side overtake me once again. But I still helped Draco up, "I'll bring you to the nurse."