Forgetting

A.N. Before I start, I thought I'd cover a few things. A) This fanfic is following mainly the movie line, but I will also combine the book in it too. B) I haven't read The Order of the Phoenix since the movie came out, and haven't watched the movie in a while either, so sorry if I make any mistakes. Please correct me if I do. C) For all those wondering, yes there will romance. D) I'm wearing an Order of the Phoenix shirt as I type this. Hehe, I'm not kidding. I got this shirt free with the purchase of the movie and I use it as my pajama shirt. Yea, that was random, but I felt like sharing my epic shirt.

Alex's POV

"You have?" I turned sharply to see Pandora whisper furiously at me. "So have you?"

"Have I what?"

"Seen the Dark Lord?!"

I looked around quickly, making sure no one else had heard. I ran through my head what must have happened. I must have thought out loud. When Harry was trying to sound all valiant and brave, saying he saw my father, I remember thinking 'So what? So have I.'

Oh. Damn.

I must have thought out loud.

Pandora was still watching me intently. "Yes, I have. In fact, I know him..." Her mouth dropped open, and suddenly I whipped out my wand. "Obliviate."

A dark mist engulphed her, and she accidentally inhaled it. Suddenly, she collapsed in the middle of the floor. What was happening? I have never seen my mind-erasing spell do this before! People started panicking and fussing over Pan's unconscious form. All of them screeching stuff like "What happened?" and "Is she dead?"

I scoffed at the last one. My Obliviate didn't kill her. Right? I hid my wand again for good measure.

Suddenly, Harry picked her up. Impressive for a toothpick like him. Ron and Hermione made a path for him, saying they needed to get her to a nurse. Madame Pomfrey I think. But Umbridge stood in his way. "You haven't been excused."

"Can we be excused?" Hermione asked, exasperated.

"No."

"But Professor, she's unconscious!"

"Oh well. Wait until class is over."

"This is ridiculous." Harry complained. Suddenly, he dashed past Umbridge and did an awkward jog down the hall, ignoring her shouting. The class started cheering him on, like they always do. What a bunch of spineless followers.

"Detention Mister Potter!"

Harry ignored her, turning the corner.

"Detention Mister Potter!

I had to resist the urge to laugh, but I could have sworn Potter was.

Harry's POV.

The urge to laugh suddenly erupted inside me as I thought of the look on the Professor's face. One escaped, but then I immediately sobered up for Pan's sake.

"I must forget."

I looked down at Pandora, who was still out cold. But her lips were moving, whispering. "I must forget. I can't forget my blood. But I must. I must forget."

"What must you forget?" I asked.

She smiled, but it seemed unatural. Sinister. "What must I forget? Why she doesn't have the power to choose. I must forget, but not that."

"What are you talking about?" She was making no sense, and starting to creep me out. Especially because she's talking while unconscious.

"I choose to forget..." Suddenly her eyes flung open, and she saw I was carrying her. She blushes faintly. "Harry, what's happening?" Suddenly she giggled. "Are you kidnapping me?"

I think I flushed red with embarrassment. I guess it would look odd to her that I was carrying her bridal style down the halls. "I'm bringing you to the nurse, you fainted in class."

She laughed. "Very funny Harry, but today is the first day of classes, and we haven't gone yet!"

"Classes have already started. Don't you remember anything?" Suddenly, some of her words make sense. "I need to forget." she had to forget something, but why? And why ds she forget her whole day?

"Haha. What time is it anyways?"

I showed her my watch, and her eyes widened. "It's time for Dark Arts. I've been looking forward to learning spells in that class, and now I'm missing it." I didn't have the heart to tell her we weren't doing spells in DA. "And I've already misse two classes! And-" She starte laughing. "You probably just changed the time on your watch. Good one Harry. Now where are the others? Come on out guys, you got me!"

"Pan. I'm serious. You passed out in class."

She furrored her brow. "I can't remember anything, but I believe you. And Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Can you put me down now?"

I blushed, realizing I was still carrying her. She weighted almost nothing. "Yeah." I set her down, and she took a few wobbly steps before falling.

"Harry? Can you carry me again?" She blushed, embarrassed. But I picked her up again. "Thanks."

"Hey, what are friends for?"

She grinned, and we got to the infirmary. Liking the door had no handles, being the only push door in the whole school to hop injured patients. I turned around and pushed with my back. Madame Pomfrey was already at the entrance, smiling at us.

"Madame Pomfrey, Pan here fainted during class, has amnesia of today, and is too weak to walk."

She frowned. "Deary, you'll have to speak clearer, I don't understand you. It sounds almost like you're... Hissing."

"That makes no sense! I understand him just fine!"

"Oh dear, what sickness is making you all sound like snakes?"

"Parseltongue." I replied, in English this time. I wondered how long Pan an I were speaking in the snake tongue. That's when it hit me, Pandora was a parseltongue! Not only was it a rare ability, but it was even rarer for a Gryffindor to have it. But for two Gryffindors, the same age and in the same year, to both speak parseltongue. Well... I don't think it's ever happened to me before.

"Parseltongue? Why does it sound so familiar to me?"

"Pan, you're still talking parseltongue."

"Am. I. Speaking. English. Now?" She said each word deliberately. Forcing herself to speak in the right language.

Madame Pomfrey nodded. "Yes you are, now what happened?"

I relaid the events once more, this time in a language understandable to her.

"Oh. How odd. You must be tired carrying her all this way. Give her here." She held out her arms, and I transferred Pan into them. "You can go back to class deary, I got her. Visiting hours aren't until later."

"Oh, okay." I turned to leave, when Pan called out to me.

"Hey Harry? Thanks a lot."

"No problem."