13

"We need to talk to you two," Thomas says as he and Clary run up to Davina and Jace.

"Okay?" Davina says and they all walk into Thomas' room and shut the door.

"Something weird happened," Clary says. "When I was locked with one of Iris' demons, I saw a rune and drew it and sunlight shot out of my hand"

Davina and Jace look at each other.

"What? What is that look?" Thomas asks.

"There was no look," Davina says.

"There was a definitive look," Thomas says.

"When Davina screamed," Jace says. "She killed the demon"

"I'm going to the Citadel with Isabelle," Clary says. "This is the rune I saw so you three can research that"

"Alright," Davina says. "Be careful"

Hours pass and Davina had an earbud in listening to some shuffled music, she was leaning against Jace's side as they flick through a pile of books from the library.

"Yeah, I'm not seeing it in the Gray Book," Jace says as Davina reads 'The History of Runes'.

"Well, isn't that thing supposed to have every single rune?" Davina asks.

"Some of them are removed. They're reserved for the most elite members of the Clave" Jace shrugs, placing the book down.

"Clary's not exactly elite, so why does she know it?" Davina says as she throws the book down accidentally hitting Thomas who was sprawled on the end of the bed.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry"

"Maybe she saw it somewhere and she doesn't remember"

"No," Thomas says. "Clary said it appeared, like a vision. Like someone or something was trying to send her a message. She thinks it's from her mom"

"I know she misses her-" Davina says.

"How else do you explain it?"

"I don't know. That's why we've sat and read ten books on runes"

"You know, I'll just go ask Izzy and Alec. Maybe they'll know something" Davina says.

Davina rips out the paper with the drawing out of Clary's book.

"No," Jace says, quickly grabbing the paper. "Absolutely not. If you tell anyone else about Clary or you, they could be in danger, too. The Clave is quick to persecute anyone or anything they don't understand"

There's knocking on the door. Jace puts the drawing folded up in his back pocket and Thomas throws the books across the room.

"Discreet" Davina whispers.

"Come in"

Aldertree comes in.

"Just wanted to see how Davina was doing. But if I'm interrupting something-"

"Nope"

"No"

"Not at all"

Later that day, Jace tells Davina he had been blackmailed out of the Institute and Davina agreed to move with him to Magnus'.

"Davina a word?"

"Yeah, okay"

"Alone," Aldretree says, looking at the two males in the room, and they both nod before walking out.

"What's going on?" Davina asks, sitting with her legs crossed as Aldertree stands at the edge of Davina's bed.

"I got word today," Aldertree says.

"About?"

"Your father will be dropping by the Institute to visit," Aldertree says.

"What?"

"Well you rejected moving to Idris so he's decided to move here"

"No," Davina says. "I don't want to know him, I've gone my whole life without him and I sure as hell don't need him now"

"I shall let him know you would prefer him not to come," Aldertree says and Davina nods.

"In the meantime, I will be moving to Magnus' apartment with my boyfriend who you blackmailed out of the Institute," Davina says.

Davina was lying in bed in Magnus' apartment, asleep against the headboard as Jace reads one of the many books in his new room. He is shocked out of his book by Davina screaming in her sleep.

"Vina?" Jace asks, covering his ears as Magnus and Alec run in.

"What the hell?"

"I don't know," Jace says as they all keep their ears covered.

Davina stops and her eyes shoot open.

"Davina?" Alec asks.

"Who's Ithuriel?" Davina asks.

"Ithuriel, the angel?" Alec asks and Davina shrugs.

"Alright," Magnus says. "I soundproofed this room so I couldn't hear you having sex, I, unfortunately, didn't factor in supernatural screaming so I'm going to make you a hot chocolate-"

Magnus clicks his fingers and a hot chocolate appears in Davina's hands.

"Fresh from France," Magnus says and Jace and Alec look at him offended.

"Where is our French hot chocolate with whipped cream?" Jace asks, placing his hand on his chest.

"I'm offended honestly," Alec says.

Magnus shakes his head and two more mugs of hot chocolate appear causing grins to fall on the Parabatis' faces.

"I hate this" Magnus groans.