16

Jace, Davina, Thomas, and Clary are making their way to the roof. Clary and Davina were moving as fast as they could whilst trying to explain to the two males what was going on.

"If Valentine needs lightning to activate the Sword, he probably put Ithuriel up on the rooftop," Davina says.

"Cleophas could have been lying, 'Vina"

"She's not. Not about this" Clary says.

"How do you know?" Thomas asks.

"We just know. Trust us" Davina says and the boys nod.

Thomas, Davina, Jace, and Clary get out onto the roof and see a chained Ithuriel being guarded by three of Valentine's men. Jace, Thomas, and Clary start fighting them while a storm is forming around them. Thomas, Clary, and Jace manage to kill them all as Davina begins inspecting the chains.

"We have to hurry," Clary says.

They try to break the chains with their steles and blades but they can't.

"Nothing's working," Jace says.

"Why can't we break the chain?"

"I don't know. Valentine must have used a warlock, some kind of dark magic"

Ithuriel screams again and Clary looks to Davina who nods.

"What's happening? What are you doing?"

"He's communicating with us," Clary says and Jace gapes.

"He's-"

"Vee needs to scream"

"Scream, Dee," Thomas says. "Scream"

Jace and Thomas clamp their hands over their ears as Clary uses her stele on the chains around Ithuriel's wrists. She draws a new rune as Davina's scream pierces the night sky. Ithuriel breaks the chains, his wings appear.

He opens his hands to all of the young Shadowhunters. They all take his hands. A vision appears for them. The Soul-Sword is standing up in the ground and a cloaked figure with a demon hand tries to take the Sword but then they both dissolve.

"What was that?"

Ithuriel flies up into the sky and is gone. All four of them look at each other, relieved that he is back where he belongs, but also confused about what they saw.

Luke storms into the Jade Wolf, the four young Shadowhunters close behind him.

"How could you not tell me that?" Luke asks.

"The Downworld would be in chaos if they knew what the Sword could do" Clary tries to justify.

"There would be uprisings everywhere," Jace says.

"So you're saving the Downworlders from themselves? We never asked"

"We didn't even know that Valentine could activate the Sword until we realized he had an Angel. Luke, I didn't want you to worry" Clary says.

"Well, it's too late for that"

"Look, you don't understand, all right-"

"No. I do understand. He has my sister. What else aren't you four telling me?"

"The Angel, he showed us something"

"Just now, on the rooftop, he showed us all a vision of a demon that could destroy the Sword," Thomas says.

"How do you know that's what he was telling you?"

"There's no other explanation. When the demon touched the Sword, he and the Sword both disintegrated" Davina says.