Chapter 40 - Rame

Next chapter is going to be the epilogue! Now I will start writing the re-write for this story and post one chapter of my new fic, Lifeless, every week! (probably on Mondays) I'll start continually posting the new fic after the epilogue of this one comes out, but maybe two chapters now! I hope you guys look forward to this as much as I do! It will be much more structured and have a much better plot! And I have an editor!!! Thank you guys for sticking through this journey with me : ) After the epilogue chapter, I'll post a preview of Lifeless and a thank you not to all of my readers :p good by for now! and I hope to see you soon!!!!

______________

All Might stood over Midoriya, a light from behind him blocking out his features. The man remained quiet through Izuku's questions, not even moving an inch. Izuku loosened up his grip on Overhaul, moving his hands a bit so that he was at a better angle facing All Might. He trusted the energy he made to hold the man still, and even if the man managed to stand up, he wouldn't be able to use his quirk accurately.

All Might brought his hand up to his face, dragging it down slowly, almost antagonizing. Izuku had no clue what was happening, but based on the fact that All Might hasn't yet tried to take Overhaul, and he was seen here without any mission assigned. It was all adding up in Izuku's mind.

"Leave now, and I won't report your activity with known villains to the police. We are here with the backing of the police, and as far as my knowledge goes, you are not. This is your only and last warning." And Izuku meant every word he spoke, his conviction seeping through his words like poison. He didn't allow any emotions to show through, only the cold tone of his truth. Izuku knew that his classmates were above their heads fighting, that Nezu probably thought farther ahead than a few heroes, so in the meantime, he would fight All Might. Even if his powers weren't restored completely, if that was what he had to do to save his family, he would do it ten times over.

Izuku stood up and moved his foot on top of Overhaul, pressing down rather harshly on the man's spine. It was nothing that would injure him, but it would certainly keep the man on the ground.

Izuku's movement caught the attention of All Might, who in turn took a few steps backward, his posture the most tense Izuku had ever seen. It almost amazed him, how the supposed hero standing before him knew what he was doing was wrong, but continued anyway only to preserve his dying pride.

All Might remained silent, not ignoring Izuku, but acknowledging him through his silence. No more words were spoken as All Might took more steps backwards. A mutual understanding that they were going to fight, hung tense between them.

Izuku stepped off of Overhaul, using some of his energy to restrain the man further. If Overhaul managed to get out of the energy, Izuku wouldn't stand a chance. Through his half-there-quirk, and the two most powerful people he knew, the chances weren't stacked in his favor.

All Might took two more steps backwards before taking in a large breath, murmuring the word 'villain' under his breath like a mantra.

Izuku took a step forward, moving his feet and hands into an obvious fighting position, it was more symbolic than anything else. Izuku knew that he wouldn't be able to fight All Might in hand to hand combat, only with the help of his quirk was winning possible for Izuku. And he knew that. Izuku knew he needed to be strategic about his attacks, more strategic than All Might ever has been, and ever will.

That's why Izuku charged All Might, opening the fight with a kick, energy dragging behind his foot, even as it touched the ground.

A quick change of position led Izuku's fist towards All Might's throat, aiming directly in the middle. Izuku's movements were too quirk for All Might to track, leaving him vulnerable to any attack Izuku may have.