chapter 21 - Thantophobia

Ok so, y'all, this is the half missing author's note from the last chapter, you don't have to read it of course cause this is just a bunch of excuses to make myself feel better about leaving you guys for a few months. So a ton of stuff came up in my schedule, two different sports started at the same time, and a ton of other stuff :( I'm really really really sorry, I had been updating very frequently beforehand so when I stopped it felt wrong, then I realized how long it had been since I updated so I tried writing again, but no ideas would surface, I had a vague idea of where I wanted to go but no idea of how to get there. I ended up writing down what needed to happen and that brought us to the last chapter, it wasn't all that I wanted it to be, it was just a filler so that I can close a few loose strings from previous chapters, I had gotten lost in the plot and forgot that Izu needed therapy, so I fixed that. I know it wasn't my best written chapter, only because I didn't have enough inspiration to write amazingly, but it was still enough to get it out there! I also know at the beginning of this fic I said I would rewrite it, looking back i didn't know how much work that would take, so what I plan on doing is majorly editing the fic when I finish and posting it as a different story, I might cut different things, I might add, but all the major things should stay the same. If you have any suggestions for future chapters you can comment them here, I've had a few in the past and I loved them! I will find a way to work it in there even if it's not the same characters or something, they definitely help a lot! Anyway, I know this is a hard time right now, I've gone through some things recently, and I'd like to help you guys get through whatever you are going through. I'm here to listen, no matter how stupid you think you sound, I'll be happy to hear you out! It's the least I can do for you guys, I've almost got 30k reads!! You guys are seriously amazing! I love each and every one of you, and if you ever want to chat with me I'd be happy to! It doesn't matter when or where, I'll try my very best to respond as soon as I can! It doesn't have to be anything specific, I just enjoy talking with y'all!

-------------------

Izuku stood at the counter that separated the kitchen and the living room of the dorm, he was watching a few other students scavenge around for ingredients in the pantry. Izuku was planning on making food but found that his food supply had run out, the rest of 1-A faced a similar situation.

Eventually the class decided that grocery shopping was needed, they harassed Aizawa for food money before leaving to the store. Izuku had a few specific ingredients that he needed and knew the rest of the class couldn't find, so he begrudgingly followed along. Eri was staying behind with Katsuki, Glenda had told Izuku to distance himself from Eri occasionally so that she didn't grow incapable of living without him there, Izuku understood the logic behind that so he decided to try it, besides, she was safer at UA then in the public.

When the students reached the store they split up to find the correct foods, Izuku headed over to the aisle with fruits, though he was met with a few gasps from random strangers, he didn't know what they were riled up about, though. His scar usually only received a few stares, maybe the bold question.

Nonetheless, Izuku continued his journey to find food. During his walk the stares and small noises from the strangers continued until a small child made his way up to Izuku. "Are you the bad guy All Might talked about on the tv?" Izuku stared at the child blankly for a second before looking around for the child's parent. When none was found he looked back down at the child who was still looking up at him expectantly. "Well are you?" Izuku shrugged his shoulders lightly. The child nodded, before looking into Izuku's eyes "why don't you talk?" Izuku pointed to his throat, showing the large scar. The boy's eyes widened and Izuku swore he could see stars, "Wow! that's so cool! How'd you get it?" Izuku tried to think of an answer but his mind came up blank.

"Daniel! Why would you talk to him! He's dangerous, get away!" The concerned mother yanked the child away from Izuku quickly, holding him tightly. "You! Don't you ever try anything again with my son!" a few people had gathered around the woman, watching Izuku closely, they had all seen All Might warn them of the young villain.

Izuku raised his hands to his chest in a small 'I surrender' motion, a few of the people around the woman began calling for a hero. Izuku was angry, from what he gathered All Might had outed his personal identity to the whole of Japan, and maybe even the world, now he'd have a target on his back from not only citizens who trusted All Might, but an even bigger one from the heroes that disliked his antics as a vigilante.

A hero came quickly after a few people called, along with a few new people wanting to see what was happening. "Midoriya?" Izuku looked towards the voice to find his class, their arms full of groceries. "What's happening?" Kirishima asked, looking around at the crowd. "That's the villain! The one All Might warned us about!". The hero that arrived earlier walked behind Midoriya to restrain him, slightly surprised when he put up no fight, that was the opposite that All Might said would happen.

Class 1-A started to panic, they couldn't let Izuku be taken to jail. Kirishima got out his phone while the rest of the class tried to push through the crowd to Izuku. A few of the students decided that they needed to get him out of the cuffs as soon as possible, "Midoriya! You won't be able to see Eri if they take you to jail!" they screamed over the talking of the crowd. Midoriya heard his classmates rather clearly, his eyes widened when their words sunk in, he quickly gathered the sound energy around him, his powers easily surpassing the weak quirk suppression cuffs.

"Let me go." came the gravelly voice, quieting the crowd almost immediately. "Let me go, I have somewhere to be." The hero scoffed, like hell he'd give up his best catch yet! Midoriya sensed the man's unwillingness to let go, he decided quickly that he needed to return back to Eri, he'd do whatever was within his powers to return to his sister. 

Midoriya wiggled slightly, testing the hero's grip on his shoulders before warning the man one more time. "Let me go, now." The man gripped his shoulders tighter, a scof left his throat once again, indicating for the last time that he wouldn't let Midoriya go. The young vigilant knew not to kill the disrespectful hero, though he also knew he couldn't let himself be taken from Eri like this hero wanted.

Midoriya took the heat energy from the hero's pinky toes, it gathered around in a swirling mass, randomly lashing out towards the crowd surrounding them. The energy was harmless, though it didn't look like it to the crowd. In their moment of panic the crowd dispersed, they ran over others, they pushed and shoved, all in the effort to get away from the attacking vigilante. The hero had fallen to the ground in pain, clutching his feet. Izuku gave the man back the heat energy, though he knew his two toes would most likely never return.

Izuku stepped over the hero's grip, jogging out of the near abandoned grocery store. The group of 1-A students followed behind him, yelling and calling his name, but the noises fell onto deaf ears. Izuku was sprinting towards U.A. he gathered random energy around him into long wings adorning his back. Flapping them a few times to test them, he paused mid sprint, raising his wings and throwing them down harshly. Izuku flew up into the air, every student behind him felt the huge gust of wind that lasted a few seconds.

Midoriya was flying over the street, not listening to any yelling below him. His classmates tried to run along with Midoriya, Kirishima was still on the phone with Aizawa, who was on his way. They paused their steps when a flash of red crashed into Midoriya.