Chapter 29 - Rantipole

Hey guys! So the other night I saw a notification right before I went to sleep, so I told myself that I would message back when I woke up. It was one of the sweetest comments I've ever gotten! But I looked through my notifications and I couldn't find it anywhere, I really wanted to respond and say thank you, but I can't, soooo, if anybody sees a really positive comment anywhere without my response, can you tell me! Please and thank you!!!!! And If you are someone that's commented but hasn't gotten a response yet, I'M REALLY SORRY!!!! I'M REALLY TRYING TO FIND IT AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Also! I know that the plot hasn't been to smooth, but I'll try and revamp this story if I feel its really needed, it hasn't hit me until now, but I'm trying to finish it up soon so that I can move on, lol. Thank you guys for reading!!!

_________________

Midoriya sat up slowly, there was a heavy weight on his chest and shoulder. He'd like to say that he didn't panic, that he felt like he could breathe normally, he wished he could say that he just opened his eyes and relaxed, but he couldn't. Midoriya's limbs froze, he couldn't move, he wanted to so bad, he wanted to be able to see what was pressing down on his chest, but his eyes squeezed shut against his own volition and every single muscle in his body tensed. Midoriya felt as if his body was going to explode, the uncontrollable tensing. Tears fell from Midoriya's eyes, he wanted to be able to control his body, but he was stuck in his head, he couldn't leave.

Midoriya felt the weight leave his chest, but his eyes still wouldn't open. Midoriya could feel everything going on around him, it was all there, pressing down onto his mind constantly, he could feel it all and nothing constantly. Midoriya knew that he needed to calm down, to focus on one thing, but he couldn't, he just couldn't.

Midoriya heard a soft voice beside his ear, so he tried to focus on it, focusing on only hearing that voice, that strangely familiar voice. Midoriya pulled out of his haze slowly, managing to open his eyes with much struggle.

Light flooded into Midoriya's eyes, he didn't breathe until he could see clearly, blinking a few times to get any blurs out of his eyes. Midoriya inhaled sharply, focusing on the figure ahead of him. Midoriya felt tears come to his eyes once again once he saw who it was, he felt horrible about panicking about Eri on his chest, his own sister, and he probably made her feel bad about sleeping there.

Midoriya launched himself towards Eri, hugging her tightly, and almost not noticing the weight slipping off of his shoulder and thudding onto the floor, but Midoriya didn't truly care enough to let go of Eri.

Midoriya felt tears slip out of his eyes gently, he had done his family, his friends, wrong. He hadn't protected them like he had vowed to, and he had let an innocent's life slip through his fingers, he was the cause of the chaos, and he had no idea how to fix it. Midoriya had done so much wrong, had so much regret, but no way to make it up. Midoriya sobbed, there was no way out, he couldn't use his quirk to fix this, he couldn't manipulate the outcome, he needed to fix everything, but his mind remained devoid of answers.

Another broken sob left his lips, a gurgling sound starting in the back of Midoriya's throat, a cough following soon after. Midoriya was trying to speak, he needed to say sorry, he needed to tell Eri, everyone, that he was sorry. 

"Problem child! You can't do that yet, wait!"

Midoriya stopped at the voice of his teacher, the coughing stopped along with his efforts, but the stinging in Midoriya's throat persisted until he was coughing once again. He could feel a hand rubbing his back, obviously trying to soothe his throat without touching it.

Midoriya managed to calm his vocal chord enough so that he could look up at his surroundings, finding himself in the room he fell asleep in, Aizawa standing above him worried, Eri hugging his chest, and Bakugou snoring calmly on the floor. He hugged Eri once more, snuggling his nose into her hair, relaxing for a second before looking up at Aizawa, Midoriya's eyes communicated a message that Aizawa was wondering himself, "what do we do next?"

Aizawa sighed heavily, he really didn't know what to do, he felt as if there were so many problems and no solutions. He sighed again at the thought.

Midoriya knew exactly how his teacher felt, but he also wasn't willing to put any more stress onto the man, so he picked Eri up, hoisting Kacchan back onto the couch and covering him up with a blanket before heading for the old fashioned phone that hung on the wall, he had memorized kurogiri's number. Midoriya didn't know where his old phone went, it was probably wasting away in some evidence storage room in a police station.

Midoriya called the memorized number, tapping twice then twice again after a few seconds after he heard someone pick up the call.

A smooth voice drifted through the speaker, "Ah, Noctis, I was expecting your call earlier, but I heard that you were actually injured?"

Midoriya tapped twice in confirmation, waiting for a second to make sure that the other person could hear their confirmation, a quiet hum left said person, leaving the pair in silence before they spoke once again.

"I am very sorry about that, although I assume you didn't call to hear about that. All of the predetermined persons have made it safely, and will not bother you again. That is the master's promise. You and all you deem will remain safe, as long as you do not cross us. Goodbye Midoriya, and take care of yourself."

Midoriya took the dull tone coming from the speaker as Kurogiri had hung up. He hung the phone back onto its place on the wall, looking back towards his dumbfounded teacher.

"Who was that Midoriya!"