chapter 9 - Parastin

Izuku was put into an interrogation room, at this point Eri was awake. The room was a beige tan, there was a camera in the corner across from him, the door was on the wall across from the table he was sitting at. There was an obvious one way window to his left. The table he was sitting at was an uncomfortable metal, his hands were cuffed with quirk canceling cuffs.

Eri was sitting on his lap when detective Tsukauchi and Eraserhead walked in, Izuku assumed that someone was stationed behind the one way window too. Izuku saw that Tsukauchi had brought in a notepad which confused him.

The detective handed it to him along with a pen, Izuku immediately started to write. 'Your quirk doesn't work through nonverbal methods' he showed the two men before explaining to Eri what he meant by 'nonverbal' through the secret hand language they made, along with random gestures. Eraserhead was confused by this, he wasn't using JSL. "That isn't sign language," he said. Izuku was confused, what's sign language?

He tried to convey his confusion on his face, but instead of answering, Eraser just sighed. Tsukauchi coughed, getting Izuku's attention, "So, we have a few questions, please answer truthfully." Izuku nodded, he didn't have a reason to lie, if he really needed to, he figured he could just refuse to answer.

"First, we'll start off with making sure your information is correct. Name: Izuku Midoriya, Family: No living family-" Izuku interrupted by tapping on the table, motioning towards Eri with an angry look on his face. Eri looked up at this, only now noticing the two others in the room.

"Ok," the detective continued "Quirk: heat manipulation-" Eri interrupted this time "nuh-uh, Izu-kun's quirk is ergokinesis!" the detective nodded again before continuing "your father was Hisashi Midoriya, correct?" Izuku nodded "Did you happen to see your father anytime after you were in the hospital?" Izuku nodded his head before the large snake in his jacket sleeve, that had been collecting sound energy, spoke up for Izuku. "He attacked mom"

Tsukauchi nodded, slightly shocked at the snake, even more so at the fact that it called Midoriya mom. "How are you using your quirk now?" he asked. "I not controlled by quirk" the snake answered, the detective was about to continue asking questions but the door slammed open harshly, hitting the wall, making the snake take up a threatening position in front of Izuku, who, to the best of his abilities, covered Eri.

In the doorway stood Nezu, the principal of UA. Izuku was still frightened, glaring at the mouse-bear-thing. "I'm quite sorry for my interruption! I was just finding the current interrogation very boring! I came here to spice things up!" Izuku made a growling, hiss sound through his teeth.

Aizawa spoke up at this, "I thought you were completely mute, or were you lying?" Eri answered "Izu-kun's throat was cut right there." she pointed at his throat, he let her, only glaring at the principal. "It only touched the middle, so Izu can still make grumblies, but sometimes it hurts!" Eri retracted her finger, proud of her demonstration.

The adult humans in the room nodded their understanding while Nezu spoke up "that was a wonderful demonstration! Now, to my point, but before that... tea?" Nezu pulled out a full tea set from nowhere. Both of the adults and Eri shook their heads no, Nezu motioned towards Midoriya, asking if he would like any. Eri once again answered for him "Izu-kun can't eat silly, since his... larynx?" she looked to Midoriya for confirmation, he nodded. "His Larynx got hurt, so he can't swallow right. Usually he just uses his quirk to eat!" "Wow, Eri, you seem to know a lot!" Nezu responded. "Mhm, Izu teaches me!"

The adults nodded, waiting for Nezu to continue whatever he was saying. Said mouse bear, took a sip of his tea before continuing. "I'd like to invite you, Izuku Midoriya, to join UA's hero course as a recommended student of mine!"

Izuku looked at the principal with a look that made him look constipated, luckily enough for him, Eri knew what the face meant. "He wants to know why." she translated. Aizawa didn't look bothered by the new developments, in fact, he seemed rather... bored? He started to fall asleep.

Nezu began to answer Izuku's unspoken question. "You have a lot of potential as a hero, you have proven your abilities, your analysis is amazing, we had found your notebooks in your old house, and many more amazing qualities we are looking for in our future heroes. Also! If you agree, we will provide housing for you and Eri, including food and school services!"

Izuku perked up at that before a frown returned to his face. He pointed at Eri, then brought the finger to his chest. A second later, Eri translated the gesture, "Izu wants me to stay with him." Nezu nodded, "That can be arranged! Now, since everything is settled, let us leave for UA!" "Wait!" The detective yelled "I haven't finished the interrogation!" "There's no need for that! Midoriya is now under UA's guardianship! Have a good day detective, I'm sure if you need it, we can arrange a date for Midoriya to answer any extra questions! Goodbye!"

Nezu started to exit the room, Eraserhead guiding Izuku and Eri out. Nezu started to explain how Izuku's day would work once they exited the building, "you'll have a class with me after homeroom with Aizawa, depending on how long we have class, you may or may not make it back in time for 1-A's normal classes, after that you'll have lunch then heroics, after that your day is done! You and Eri will have your own dorm room that we have set up, you have a three day period to settle in, before being introduced to the class!" Izuku nodded his understanding to the principal. "Also! A pro hero will shadow you anytime you are not in class or your dorm! Eri will be allowed to accompany you to all of your class, though if I feel she is falling behind in her school work I will designate a period for her, with me!" Izuku gave the principal a questioning look, "Ah yes, I almost forgot to mention! You will remain responsible for Eri's schooling!"

Izuku nodded, happy he was going to remain close to Eri at all times. "Now! Lets get on our way!" nezu shouted as they all entered the car. Aizawa begrudgingly took the wheel, him being the only one who could properly reach the pedals. With Aizawa's last grumbled complaint, they were off to the UA dorms.