Chapter 30 - ikigai

I KNOW IT'S SHORT, BUT I NEEDED FOR THE PLOT TO MOVE AND IT ISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS A GOOD PLACE TO END, SO I JUST DID! THE ONLY REASON I WAS ABLE TO WRITE WAS BECAUSE I WENT ON THE WRITTEN? KITTEN! SITE, I GOT SO MANY CAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

________________

Midoriya knew that he needed to be honest with Aizawa, he had been so dishonest lately that he couldn't moraly stand to lie or withhold the truth anymore.

Midoriya opened his mouth, before stopping, he realized that he wouldn't be able to speak without speech therapy, or at least a lot of trying. He walked over to a nearby table, at this point, most of the tables have at least one notebook on them for those who didn't know how to communicate with Midoriya.

Midoriya started writing, this would be a long explanation, but his family deserved it.

;

Aizawa stared at the paper Midoriya handed him a few minutes ago, he knew Izuku was smart, but how could he possibly pull all of this off.

Contacting the behind the scenes leader of the Leader of Villains, dealing with them, not only agreeing on a compromise that suits both parties equally, but forcing them to leave anyone he wants alone.

Manipulating all of the mainstream media into believing him, taking the spotlight away from All Might's lie and onto his selflessness in protecting the students.

Midoriya even controlled the situation enough to give the villains an unbothered place for them to live.

Midoriya's compassion towards the villains amazed Aizawa, how this boy could care so much about the people who have done nothing but inconvenience him and his friends was beyond him

Aizawa felt bad about it, though. He wanted Midoriya to trust him enough to confide his plans, feelings, and problems. Aizawa didn't know how he could help Midoriya, how he could make the boy trust him without forcing him. What could Aizawa do to break down Midoriya's walls? The only way he could think of was unacceptable, he wouldn't allow himself to guilt Midoriya into being honest with him, he wanted it to happen naturally.

Aizawa sighed softly, he knew that it would take time, but he was still impatient.

Midoriya looked up towards Aizawa worried, he didn't know how Aizawa would respond to his actions, but he took the sigh as a bad sign. Aizawa noticed, quickly moving to squeeze the boy into a hug and whisper reassuring words into his ear. Aizawa knew exactly what Midoriya was thinking, it was displayed all across his face, and Aizawa realized that even if he made efforts to make Midoriya feel free unforced regarding his feelings, Midoriya would still feel forced. Midoriya would force himself to be completely honest with everyone around him, he would punish himself because he thinks no one else will.

Aizawa hugged Izuku harder, he knew that it was time for him to be completely honest with him and Eri.

"Izuku, I haven't been completely open with you." Aizawa waited for a second, giving Midoriya time to absorb his words. "I've been talking to Nezu, I want custody."

Midoriya nodded, slightly sad. He didn't understand Aizawa's words, thinking that his teacher wanted to have custody of Eri, not thinking of himself at all. He looked away from his teacher, wiggling slightly out of his hold. In Izuku's mind, of course Aizawa wanted to have custody, how could someone so reckless as Midoriya be in charge of a child? In his mind, he thought that his influence would only be bad for Eri, and hearing Aizawa's words only seemed to back up what he thought.

Aizawa gently gripped Izuku's arm when he started to walk away."Do you not want that?"Midoriya shook his head, a gentle smile on his face, though it looked painfully forced.

"Problem child? You don't want me t-to have custody of you guys?" Aizawa's voice became softer, hoping, with the whole of his being that Izuku misunderstood.

Midoriya looked up at Aizawa, surprise engulfed his features as he realized what Aizawa had said.

Midoriya tried to force out a word, to express his thoughts with something other than the pathetic grunts he could make, but all that came out were the same old gargles and grumbles. Tears escaped his eyes at the frustration before he managed to force out noises that sounded relatively like a thank you before collapsing back into Aizawa's arms. Tears left his eyes like a waterfall, but neither of them cared.

Aizawa hugged Izuku, nuzzling his nose into the boy's hair, he took the returning sob that broke out of Midoriya as a confirmation of wanting to Be Aizawa's son.