Chapter 13 - Drapetomania

Author's note!: As you guys can see, this is going to be a story where All Might is really ooc, also I couldn't remember Tsukauchi's speech patterns or how he acted at all while interacting with other characters, so he's probably going to be very ooc too. Anyways, I love you guys! Thank you so much for reading, it means more than you think :) if you see any plot holes, just shout them out, I'll do my best to fix 'em! <3 (ps, I've never been through a lot of the things that this book touches, like flashbacks, trauma, ptsd, or any other mental health kind of things, so if you see something that you think I should change, please tell me!! :) (pps, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO @Incoherent_Nonsence !! for all of the amazing suggestions!)

Detective Tsukauchi was sitting at his desk filing out paperwork and drinking coffee when All Might barged into his office, he was holding a green headed figure over his shoulder, the person appeared to be unconscious. Tsukauchi shot a questioning look at the hero who looked slightly exhausted.

All Might steadied his breathing before responding. "I caught this villain on the UA campus! he was trying to kidnap a student! I brought him straight to you, though he did show some strange behavior on the way over here!" the hero let out a breathy laugh before dropping the figure into the chair across from the detective.

When Tsukauchi saw the face of the so called villain he stood up, knocking his chair over in the process. "All Might, you're an absolute buffoon! That's Izuku Midoriya, the new student! You can't just kidnap students." the detective sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his palm. "Where's Eri?" "Who?" Tsukauchi swore that he didn't get enough sleep or money for the job he did.

"The little girl that should be with him, white hair, a horn on her forehead. Remember anything?" All Might shook his head no, only looking slightly guilty at the fact that he just kidnapped a student. "So... um, young Midoriya is the new vigilante student?" Tsukauchi nodded, his face was in his hands, trying to relieve the growing headache. "Well, I saw him trying to kidnap a student! He must still be a villain!" "All Might? That's not the whole truth, what's the whole story?"

All Might started to twiddle his fingers. "Well there was a girl trying to explain something but I kinda... ignored her, I didn't pay attention to anything about her. There was a student on the boy's shoulder! What else was I supposed to do? And now, I know he's a criminal! He wouldn't answer when I asked what he was doing!"

"Well for starters, you could not knock out the child, who's in UA because of his potential as a hero, enrolled by Nezu! Not to mention the fact that he has separation anxiety! When he wakes up I can't imagine what he'll do-"

"Well if he's that unpredictable then he shouldn't be a hero! He's a danger, and frankly, someone who can't control their emotions shouldn't be a hero, it's not safe! Honestly, from what i've heard the boy needs to get over himself, it sounds as if he's faking his illness! A person that is susceptible to things like that is not fit to be a hero, he should just give up if I'm being honest!"

"What you thought was best, was the worst thing you could do! That boy is a grace to society, but you are acting as if he is a mistake! He inspired just as much hope that you have, and he's decades younger than you! So what if he has mental problems? That's one of the reasons he is in UA! You should get your head out of whatever jar you stuck it in and look around you! He's a child that was abused and mistreated! And you are over here acting as if he's a grown adult who has control over their life! The fact is, he's doing better with his emotions than any of us would in his position. I want you to take a walk in his shoes, suffer like he did, and say the things you have. If you were in his position, your mouth would be shut tight, because you would be able to see what an insufferable, unheroic person you are being! Shape up your act before you ever come back here! with how you are acting, I'd say you're unfit to be a hero! If you go around accusing people without the whole story, you might as well be saying goodbye to the justice system, so why don't you leave back to your job, where you are supposed to be right now, and think, 'what have I just done to regress the progress of a mute, mentally hurt child, and his equally hurt sister, because of my ignorance and blindness to others situations!"'

All Might huffed childishly before storming out of Tsukauci's office. The detective sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, he looked back at Midoriya. The boy was still unconscious, though there was no blood, he thought that maybe he should call Nezu, so that's exactly what he did.

Tsukauchi sat back down in his seat and started to call Nezu, there were a few rings before the prerecorded voice of Nezu explained how a voicemail worked before getting cut off. Tsukauchi sighed again before trying to call Aizawa, who seconds later burst through his office door.

The sleep deprived ravenet was holding a bawling Eri in his left arm, Nezu in his scarf, a giant rabbit and two smaller rabbits stacked on top of each other is his right arm, all trying to console Eri. Once Eri saw Izuku's sleeping figure she immediately jumped out of Aizawa's hold, stumbling a bit as she regained her footing, before she jumped onto Izuku and buried her head in his chest.

Said boy looked to be awake the moment Aizawa burst through the door, leading Tsukauchi to believe that he was only pretending to be unconscious. The detective sighed once again, he really didn't get enough sleep for this job.

The three bunnies merged back into one while running to Izuku, when they reached him it turned into a snake that the detective recognized as the one that called Midoriya mom. Izuku sent an apologetic look to Tsukauchi, for what he assumed to be pretending to be asleep. Tsukauchi sent a small smile in response, urging the boy to focus on the two other people who were begging for his attention.

Izuku looked back at his small family, giving them a small smile, Eri read his eyes. She grew a frown quickly before wiggling off of his lap. Eri gave Kanashimi a look that made her look slightly constipated, though Kanashimi seemed to understand.

Kanashimi nodded his head at Eri, letting out an angry hiss before also wiggling out of izuku's hold. Kanashimi grew into a pair of wings on Eri's back, before izuku could stop them, they flew out of the office and into the hallway. Izuku stood up quickly, his vision blurred for a millisecond, his feet giving out beneath him, he gripped his head to fend off the impending headache while he held his hands out in a 'I'm fine' kind of gesture.

Izuku stood slowly before running after the angry duo, Aizawa on his tail. Tsukauchi stood in his office, slightly shocked by the scene that had just happened, until he decided he should follow the rest of the people. He started to slowly walk after the others, taking his sweet time, he really didn't get enough sleep for this.

---------

this is so much shorter than I wanted it to be :/ oh well.

please tell me what you think! ♥♥😘