Chapter 26 - Nepenthe

Midoriya slammed his fists down onto the desk in front of him, it would never be an option for him, he was the one protecting everyone else, he was the person that was so selfless it hurt. Izuku was that person so that no one else had to, and knowing that Glenda had already done so much for him, forced him to refuse.

"I knew you would refuse, Midoriya, but you are going to do so much good. If I do this, it wouldn't only help you! If I save you, then you can save so many others, more people than I would have been able to meet in my lifetime!"

Midoriya shook his head no, about to reach over to write his complaints angrily, but Glenda stopped him.

"I've seen what you will do Midoriya, you need your voice to continue. I know it seems vague, but trust me. I know that you are struggling, I can see it in everything you do! Your injury isn't just affecting your voice, I know there are other things you aren't sharing about your health. No matter what you may think, we all need you here, and if you let this continue, I'm afraid we might lose you. Midoriya, you have no idea how many people rely on you."

Midoriya shook his head firmly, he wouldn't let anyone sacrifice their life for him. Not now, not ever. Midoriya was too distracted trying to communicate every reason for not wanting Glenda to do what she wanted that he didn't notice his tired teacher come through the door to Glenda's office.

"We aren't giving you a choice, problem child. Nezu is your legal guardian, along with the rest of the U.A. staff, and we all agree that it's in the best interest of your health and wellbeing that you accept Glenda's offer. We've run it through the authorities and they've okayed it. Considering all of the pros you have no reason to refuse. Midoriya, I don't want to, but we will use force. I know you don't want to, but I also know that you don't understand what you mean to everyone."

Midoriya glared at Aizawa, shaking his head firmly once again, Midoriya denied their request, he didn't care if he had to fight them on this, he wasn't going to be the reason someone he was close to dies. He wouldn't do that to himself and he wouldn't do it to Eri, who had grown a parental attachment to Glenda.

Aizawa sighed softly, muttering a soft "sorry" under his breath before his scarf shot out to wrap around Midoriya. Aizawa used his quirk on Midoriya a short moment after he was tied up, leaving him no time to fight back. He brought Midoriya closer into a hug, stuffing the boy's head into his shoulder. Midoriya relaxed slightly, he had only ever really hugged Eri and his mother, and even though he couldn't move his arms, it still felt overly emotional.

Midoriya felt a light touch on his back, and he knew what was happening, he started squirming, trying with all of his might to overpower the Aizawa, who was almost double Midoriya's height.

Midoriya didn't manage to get out of Aizawa's hug before pain shot through his body. Aizawa noticed his student's discomfort, so he started encouraging him with soft spoken words. 

Midoriya writhed slightly in Aizawa's hold, the pain had started in his back but it slowly spread to the rest of his body until his whole body was on fire.

Midoriya let out a small squeak, when he started to feel the pain spread around to the parts of his body that had been damaged. Midoriya was almost completely lax in Aizawa's hug, only trying to get through the pain. He didn't notice when the hand resting lightly on his back fell off, nor did he notice the dull thump on the floor behind him. Izuku hardly even noticed when black consumed his vision and he couldn't move his limbs, too consumed in pain, Izuku Midoriya didn't notice when he fell unconscious in his teacher's arms.

;

Izuku woke up in a hospital bed, a small bird made of energy sat on his knee cawing incessantly, he gave it a blank look before he shot up in the bed. The bird nodded, satisfied with Izuku's panic, before it flew out of the window near Midoriya's bed, Midoriya followed after it, jumping out of the window.