Chapter 16 - Disquietude

Do you guys think I should change the description of the story? Idk if I like it that much. :/ i didn't really know how to stop this chapter so it feels really sudden, sorry 'bout that. <3

The projection of Izuku screamed in pain, though it didn't seem like a projection to the students watching, it was real, this had happened to Midoriya, now it felt as if it were happening to them. There was fire spilling onto Midoriya's back, they were now observing from an outsider's perspective, only making the sight more gruesome.

The boy writhed on the floor in pain, the fire from the man's throat licked Midoriya's arms and shoulders. The students could see the burns forming on Midoriya's skin, most cringed back while their eyes subconsciously closed, others couldn't peel their eyes away.

Suddenly the projection changed, the quality was even worse now. The colors were darker and blurrier, while the moving black dots increased. The screen showed a pleasant looking woman, she was smiling at the camera that they knew as Midoriya. The woman kissed above the len's view, or what they assumed to be Midoriya's forehead.

There was no noise for this part, though they were alerted by the actions of the woman. The woman flinched violently and seconds later they could see the man from earlier enter Midoriya's line of sight. The woman's mouth moved in unhearable words, Katsuki spoke after a few words, translating the mouthing into words. "Izuku, sweetie, please move behind me. Hurry." the class gave him confused glances but turned back towards the screen to pick up the rest of the projection.

The man started to yell, no one could interpret his words, though, they all assumed he was cursing by the angry way he yelled. The man's throat started to swell while the woman shoved Midoriya Behind her. Midoriya fell onto the floor, after a fraction of a second being dazed, he looked back up to see flames pouring onto the front of the woman. The projection turned black immediately after that scene for ten seconds, another one showing up afterwards.

This time the scene was in full color and audio, the class was looking from a third party perspective onto Midoriya on a roof, only as the vigilante Noctis. The wind drowned out most if not all noise coming from below his perch, indicating the Midoriya's height.

Suddenly Midoriya jumped down, there were a few seconds where the class held their breaths, they watched in muted horror as the projection followed a falling Midoriya. After a few seconds Midoriya landed, boosting himself forward as he landed to lessen the impact.

The class could see the surroundings shortly after, it was a courtyard, though the scenery was harder to see due to the dark of the night time sky. Midoriya started to run towards a building in the center, it was surrounded by small lamps, giving the building an eerie red glow.

Midoriya quietly entered the building, allowing the class to see an extensive hallway, it seemed as if there was no ending, torch-like lamps lit the halls, even flickering to support the flame effect. There were few people scattered along the hallway, simply sitting down, presumably on guard duty, though none of them had seen Midoriya enter.

Midoriya stuck his hands out in front of him, as if summoning something. Immediately the light from the fake torches became wilder, hotter, and even more color full. More reds entered the torches, while even more yellows mixed themselves in. The blinding, thrashing energy became too much for the fragile glass to hold, it broke soon after. The energy escaped, gathering together in the middle of the hallway.

The guards were focused on the light, not noticing when Midoriya slipped past them and into a secret passage in the wall. Midoriya quickly moved the ball of light around all of the guards, taking enough of their energy to knock them all out, not enough to kill.

The ball followed Midoriya into the wall as a stream, twisting and turning around him. Midoriya started to run down the new hall, taking deliberate turns to avoid the bulk of the guards, knocking out the few guards that he did run into.

It took a few minutes of just watching Midoriya running around for anything interesting to happen, he arrived at a huge door, kicking it down as soon as he was at leg's length. Inside was decorated as a child's room, the walls stood out being made of undecorated concrete, the blood splatters were also suspicious.

There was no child in the room and that seemed to upset Midoriya, he ran out of the room even quicker than he went in, he swiftly zigzagged down the hallway, throughout all of the turns at a speed they thought wouldn't be humanly possible.

Midoriya once again arrived at a door, this one was menacing, the class didn't know how a door would be called intimidating before this, but now, they knew. There were screams inside, they were high pitched, even more so than the average woman, they were... child-like, and that terrified the class.

Eri was staring at the screen blankly, she remembered that day vividly and seeing it from Izu's perspective wasn't really helping. She could hear her screams, her own screams. Every change in pitch, she remembered, was when he did something different, when he tore her apart, when he pulled gallons of blood out of her body at a time. Hot tears ran down Eri's cheeks, none of the class noticed, no one noticed her soft sobs from her brother's seats. They were too busy listening to her screams, her past, not her present, they didn't notice.

Izuku wasn't here for her now, Izuku couldn't save her, she was alone. Kanashimi noticed Eri's crying and quickly covered her line of sight, Kanashimi wrapped around her, using the energy from the bunny she was holding to calm her. Eri slumped over in her seat, the sudden change in emotions had drained her mentally causing her to faint.

The class didn't notice, they were too caught up in Midoriya fighting a man in a plague doctor's mask to notice the sobbing from Eri. The projection of Midoriya drained the energy out of everyone in the room, excluding the slightly bleeding Eri, she was crying out in pain, and also probably fright.

Midoriya created some random animals that gathered around Eri, they were all small animals with inviting statures that made Eri feel safe. Her head slowly became heavier, she placed her hands onto the creatures for support though the warmth flowing from them helped lull her into a deep sleep.

The projection turned to static before flashing through pictures, slightly too quick for the student's eye to stick on one, though slow enough so they could see a few select details from each picture. It started with Eri and Midoriya smiling together, next was the man that hurt Midoriya laying in an alley, what most saw in that picture was the abnormal blue color of the man's skin looking like he was left in a freezer for a few years. After that came a picture of a young Midoriya and the woman that looked like his mother, they were smiling together. The pictures started to speed up after that one, they were no longer visible, only individual color could be seen momentarily.

The therapist took her hands off of Midoriya, he slowly woke up. After he opened his eyes he sniffed slightly, his nose moved like a rabbit's. Midoriya's eyes shot open, all drowsiness was forgotten, Midoriya looked towards Eri, he saw Kanashimi covering her and he bolted towards her. 

The class didn't even see him move from his seat, they only knew he moved when they couldn't see him in the seat, they looked towards Eri only to see Midoriya holding her.

Midoriya stood up, Kanashimi wrapped itself around Midoriya's neck while Eri laid in his arms. They walked out of the classroom, leaving behind a confused class. A few of the students were even crying.