Chapter 10

"Big brother, why isn't Maki coming to school anymore?" Itachi stiffened as did Shisui

One was nervous while the other was angered. Who the hell forces themselves into a kids mind? Shisui grit his teeth.

Nonetheless, his baby sister.

Itachi was nervous.  His brother was easy to fool, but he was mostly nervous about Shisui's anger.

"Shes... Resting for a while."

"When will she be back?"

"A week, at most." Sasuke pouted, and Itachi could hear him complain.

"I wanted her to help me with my fireball jutsu..." Itachi smiled and bent down to his brothers level.

"She's going to be back soon. Besides, you need to focus on the academy." Shisui and Itachi stopped in front of the school and waved to the raven haired boy who smiled and looked away before running into his class.

"Itachi..."

"I know, Shisui." He smiled at his cousin.

"I'll protect Maki-Chan." Shisui nodded.

"I would appreciate that, Itachi." A cheeky grin was placed on his face.

"Thank you, little cousin!"

~

Maki awed at the giant fox in front of her, behind the giant cage as it growled.

"Finally, I've been waiting forever to be acknowledged?"

"You're Kurama!" Her grin startled the fox.

"Yes. I am... What of it?!" She giggled.

"You're so amazing!" She moved closer and ignored his twitching paw, ready to swipe.

"I know i'm amazing." He huffed as she moved even closer.

"Wanna be friends, Kurama-Chan!?" He glared.

"No, chan. "

"Sorry!" She cleared her throat.

"Let me rephrase that. Will you, Kurama, do me the honors of befriending my lower than you, human self?" He stared at her, sensing her emotions and searching for any signs of deception.

"You honestly believe I'll trust you? Just like that?"

"Well, why not? I honestly forgot you were super powerful." He internally yells in shock.

"I really just wanna become friends, yo!" He sighed as a small smile was placed on his intimidating face.

"Good." She blinks. "I thought you would be another host who would simply cage me and insult me."