42

Currently, Maki was laying down on a floating cloud in the yard of an inn, staring at the night sky while remembering a small memory of a friend of hers. This ones name was Samia, and she was an Algerian Muslim girl that she had befriended in seventh grade.

"Oi, Maki." She turned to look at the black curly haired girl. "I can't really date, and all that crap, but what would you do if more than one person loved you? How would you choose?"

Maki thought about it for a second, before answering that she didn't want to think about something as confusing and weird as love at her young age of eleven. Her friend rolled her eyes and playfully insulted her.

"I know, I know. But just think about it," Maki inched away from her friend that she was lying beside, once a sadistic smile crawled onto her face.

"Wouldn't it be fun to break both their hearts or make them fall in love with each other?"

"Samia..." Maki sighed. "To give you an answer, I would stay friends with both and be single for my whole life. If it hurts them to see me with someone else, I don't want to be in a relationship, yo"

Samias smile fell, and she stared at Makis blue orbs with her own dark green ones. She reached her hand out and ruffled Makis hair. "Maki, I admire your kindness. But think about yourself sometimes, okay?"

"But I am," She fixed her hair. "It would make me happy if they were happy, yo."

Samia just sighed, she decided not to explain this even though she probably should. "Just be careful Maki, your kindness is going to get you killed."

"... Samia, you talk like an old man, yo."

"What?!"

"-AKi!" Maki flinched and fell off the floating cloud, sighing in relief when somebody caught her in their arms. She moved her gaze to the pineapple haired boy and smiled thankfully, oblivious to his red ears.

For a while, Shikamaru didn't notice he was staring until Omoi poked his cheek and gave him a weird look. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment while Omoi just snickered knowingly, catching Maki instead when Shikamaru stupidly dropped her in shock.

"If you're gonna drop her, don't catch her in the first place, my guy."

"It's fine," Maki wiggled out of Omois grip once he let her go. "Besides, I'm taller than both of you so it's going to be hard to catch me, yo."

"What?" Shikamaru pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered a silent 'what a drag' before grabbing both of their jackets and grumpily walking inside the building.

"We need to make a plan."

"Hey, Omoi." Shikamarus eyebrow twitched when he realized they weren't even listening.