60

"Do I die in the future?"

It took everything in him to tell the truth.

"Yes."

The smile plastered on Makis face refused to falter and Boruto was beginning to grow slightly uncomfortable when he realised her eyes were somewhere else. Actually, he kind of recognized that look, it was the one his father had at random times as if he was speaking to somebody who wasn't even there. 

"Sasuke, you can come out, yo." 

Just as she'd spoken a figure stepped out behind the trees and stared back at her. Sasuke clenched his jaw to suppress the desire to embrace his friend but he knew if he did he wouldn't be able to let go for a very long time. However in a quick flash, arms enveloped around his waist and he didn't waste time wrapping his own around the brunette as she spoke.

"I'm sorry."

"Please stop," Borutos lips parted slightly in surprise at the crack in his senseis voice, "You're always apologizing but never once have you done anything wrong."

Maki lifted her head to look at him and at the sight of her smile Sasuke couldn't hold it in any longer. A single tear slid down his face and fell on Maki as her smile turned to a concerned frown and she wiped the water off of his face. As she spoke, Boruto couldn't quite place why he felt so comforted by her voice. "But I did do something wrong. I left you all." 

And then suddenly she realised with horror that Tenzo would be all alone now left with a mentally unstable senpai.

Sasuke realised that he was hugging Maki for too long and pulled back, fixing himself up at the same time and Maki remained patient with him. While she allowed him to collect himself she turned around and smiled at Boruto who tensed. "You're a lot shorter than I thought, yo!"

Borutos eye twitched. "Hey! I'm average for my age!"

"Then why is Sarada taller than you?" 

A hit straight to his pride.