Leftless

"Tenzo?" He turned his head around to look at Maki, who was staring at an image of the third hokage.

"I was there." He pursed his lips and turned back, continuing with his cooking.

"I know."

"I could've saved him. There was just...The two kage a-and another person."

"Maki, you lost your hand in the fight. You've done enough." She glanced at her left hand and grimaced, remembering how the strange figure she'd never seen in the show cut it off cleanly.

It was a quick fight for her, as she dealt with the person who looked to be the same age as her, both passing out at the same time.

It was said she could get her hand back if she waited three years, using Kuramas regeneration. She was a lucky person, thats for sure.

But it wasn't her hand that she cared about. It was the event behind her losing the hand that hurt the most.

The third hokage was killed right in front of her, and she couldn't do a thing. And by the looks many civilians gave her, she knew they blamed her.

It hurt all too much, seeing the village she'd grown fond of suddenly hate her.

"It isn't your fault." Tenzo quickly said, foreseeing what she was thinking. But his words- nor anyone else' would ease the guilt she felt. It was just how Maki is.

"I think I'll go for a walk." She scooted off her chair and jogged towards the door.

Tenzo turned off the stove and called for her, receiving only silence in response. He sighed and placed the food in the fridge, knowing Maki hated wasting food he just left her lunch for later.

Maki walked around the village with her hand in a cast. She didn't want to see anyone she knew at the moment, as only Tenzo and a few others knew about her...Situation.

If Naruto saw, he'd surely cry and blame himself- promising to protect her. For now, she wanted to hide the fact that she didn't have a left hand.

"Yo! It's you, the kid with style--WOAAAH you ain't got no hand!" She looked up to see the familiar jinchuruuki, smiling kindly.

"Nice to meet you, master bee, Gyuki."

He stared at her for a while before waving his hands in the air, in a sort of rapping way.

"So you know my name but ya got no game, lame!"

Her eyebrows curved and eyes closed as she laughed kindly, not affected by his insult at calling her weak.

"Yeah," She looked down with a small smile. "I'm pretty weak right now."

"Bee, you idiot! You made the kid sad now!" She could hear Gyuki scold while Bee huffed.