62 - Letters

"Hey Papa,

Thats the first time I've started a letter to you like that, isn't it? I'm sorry I wasn't ever able to say it in person, I have a lot of demons that always make up these different scenarios in my head of what you'd say and I hate to admit that none of them were good. But somewhere inside, I knew you would simply reply with,

'Hey, sweetheart.'

I guess I wont ever know how that feels then, yeah? 

I know you loved me, papa. And I know because of that, you feel guilty but I'm writing this not only as my farewell to you but also as a way to ensure that isn't how you feel. I want you to know that you shouldn't feel guilty for the times you think you weren't there for me. You were the best father a child could ask for and I know you did the best you could to be a part of my life.

You know how I know that? Because I cant remember the two people I used to call mother and father. It's said, that to know one is a great person they are remembered, and you were all I could think of when the term 'parent' was spoken.

So please, go easy on yourself. 

I'd like to be cool and say that I have no regrets but... there is quite a few. 

The biggest however,  Is that I couldn't watch the stars with you for one last time.

I love you,

-Maki Iburi, your daughter."

"Yo, Senpai,

I will never stop calling you that. By the way, you and papa better take care of each other, yeah?

That time Jiraiya told you to hurry up and become a hero he could put in his books... I'll admit you were a hero to me since the beginning. If I'm honest, I saw myself in you because you were in a constant battle and sometimes your shield and sword broke so all your friends and family had to keep lending you some but in the end it had to stop.

I guess, for me that meant I couldn't hold any more shields but my sword did end up striking the enemy in the end.

I'm not the best with analogy's but I hope that explained it, yo.