Chapter 11

"Maki- w-what?!" The brown haired girl grinned on the floor, her body on his as she knocked him over as soon as she saw him

Tenzo stood behind next to his senpai and his other teammate, watching the scene with a small scowl and twitching eyebrow.

Kakashi and Ko snorted in amusement, waiting for the man to come back to his senses so they could head off on their mission.

"Hmph. She has too many male friends." He grumbled under his breath as Maki pulled Naruto's hand with a grin as he mirrored her expression, happy someone had remembered his birthday and sent him a smile instead of a fist.

"Relax Tenzo. She's got almost every boy in her class wrapped around her little finger. You've got plenty of boys to choose."

"Senpai!" Tenzo hissed while Kakashi snickered.

"Let's go. Were already two hours late."

"Tch!"

"Don't go all protective-father-mode, now, Tenzo." Ko grinned as Tenzo huffed and turned his face away.

"Shut up, you two."

"Is that anyway to speak to your senpai~?"

"Now you call yourself my senpai!?" 

"Mr. Tenzo!" His head whipped to the voice and he looked at the teenager.

"Yes, Shisui?" Shisui smiled.

"I was wondering if I could borrow Maki for the day, later?"

"For what? She's still under surveillance." Shisui frowned slightly before smiling once again.

"I'll be helping her train." Kakashis ears twitched.

"You're training her?" Shisui nodded gleefully.

"She's already gotten the basics of Shunshin, down!"

"At her age?"

"You became chunin at six, senpai."
"Touche."

"Yeah-" He looked at the Iburi "-You dont mind, right Tenzo-san?"

"Just Tenzo. and, no I don't."

"Great! Because I taught her a fire jutsu as well..." He sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

"Seriously? What else?"

"I taught her an earth jutsu."

"I never knew you had earth style?"

"I don't. I showed her a book and she got it in a day or two."

"Are you serious?" Tenzo gapes as the man nods, proud for a reason the elder man did not know.