She Was A Sea Of Kindness

Five Years Later

Blue, White, Pink and Yellow flowers were laid down carefully on stone. Rain droplets wet the petals of the flowers but they didn't break. They retraced their steps carefully until they stood with a hand holding a hat to their chest. Their lip wobbled as tears began to run down their cheeks. 

"Maki, I saved someone." Kumas eyes lowered to the black cap against his chest. He was older now, just twelve years old when he was sent on his first mission and it ended up being much worse than they originally planned. He saved the client though, the ravenette just hated that Maki wasn't there to see it. "I guess I have to return this to you now, yeah?"

He sniffed and wiped his eyes before moving the hat from his chest and towards the gravestone. However, before he could proceed a voice from his right stopped him. 

"Keep it."

Kuma turned his head to look at the white haired man, recognizing who he was almost instantly although he wasn't in such a mood to be saluting a war-hero he did offer the man a nod and a look of confusion. Omoi smiled down at the boy and moved to stand next to him, closing his eyes in a silent prayer for his late friend before turning to the boy who still hovered the hate over the stone.

"Kuma, right?" He questioned and the boy only offered him a smile, one that only served to remind him of his best-friend. "She wanted you to keep the hat."

Kuma skeptically eyed him, "How do you know that?"

Omoi shifted for something in his weapons pouch and retracted his hand with a paper in his grip. He then moved his arm to hand the letter to the ravenette with a small smile, Kuma noticed how solemn the smile seemed. 

He grabbed the note and gently placed the black cap onto his head before opening the letter and skimming over the words written on it.

'Yo, Kuma. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep my promise of coming back. I don't have much to say to you, you already know how much I appreciate you. 

About the hat... Good job on saving your first person, by the way, but I think you should keep it. Black looks better on you than it does me.

Omoi's going to give you something, all I can say is to trust him."

Clearing his throat, Kuma folded the note and looked up at Omoi only to see the man holding three swords in front of him. His jaw slacked as he identified the three swords and his fists clenched by his side. Omoi let out a sigh and stepped closer, urging the younger boy to grasp the swords. Once they were in his grip, Omoi sent him a large grin.