45

Okay.

Maki was lost.

"How...?" Yakuza would rather be in a cell right now, than lose anymore brain cells. How had this idiot managed to beat them, when they couldn't even remember the tree they had passed, fifteen times?!

"Just kill me!" Yakuza demanded. This girl was teaching him emotions, and not in a good way. 

"Why would I do that?" Maki stated calmly, tightening her grip on Yakuzas legs and shifting them slightly over her shoulder. 

"Everything is fine, I'm not lost."

"GAAAH!" Yakuza gave up, what was the point? Despite it not seeming like she did, she had pride. She wouldn't admit she got lost to the enemy. 

That is, if she even saw Yakuza as an enemy. She didn't seem like the type to do so.

"Just please let me show you the way, then I will willingly turn myself in!" Maki smiled and set them down carefully, much more carefully than they expected her to. 

Heaving out a massive sigh mixed with both relief and exhaustion, Yakuza then proceeded to stand up as shakily as they could and then closed their eyes. They began to focus on their chakra and as it slowly traveled from their core to their entire body, Yakuza began to sense their surroundings.

In just a few seconds, Yakuza had located where they needed to go, grabbed Makis hand, and began to lead the way. Maki only followed with a happy smile, as if she wasn't to blame for this and was totally feeling smart.

It took them an hour to get back, and once they did, an angry raikage was waiting.

With his arms crossed.

And his eyes shadowed.

And his lips curled into a snarl.

But Maki being Maki, stupidly continued to smile without a care in the world. The closer they got, the more the raikage seemed to grow irritated and the more Yakuza contemplated just dropping dead right then and there. Was that possible? If so, could someone please do it right at this moment?

"What's wrong, lord raikage, yo?" 

Darui facepalmed as the raikage coated his fist with chakra and heavily brought it down against the young teens head, yelling at her for arriving hours late and saving the enemy.

"Ow!" Maki shielded herself. "I'm sorry! Well-- Not really--" He glared at her and she shrieked. "Wait, yes I am, I'm sorry!"

Bee only laughed at his students expense, as if she wasn't about to get beat up by one of the strongest shinobi in the world. Fortunately for Maki,  A seemed to be annoyed by his brothers laughter and turned to him, allowing Darui to take Yakuza hostage with Maki following, as A blamed Bee for her nonexistent sense of direction.

"It's your fault she is so terrible with directions!"

"What'chu mean 'bout that, 'ma 'brotha? Little flower just having trouble using her power!"

"Shut up!"

(~~~)

"Brat, do you understand what you're asking of me?" The raikage glared at her, but it's not like it would affect her. Maki could see through everyone when it came to facial expressions, there wasn't a single exception. "You want me to have mercy on the one who interrupted my ancestors graves?"

"Yes--"

"Absurd!" He slammed his fist onto his desk, ignoring the fact that it formed cracks from the force. He was barely using any of his power, so maybe he needed to get a new table built personally to handle his rage. 

"He will be punished greatly! His sins will not be forgiven!"

"'Their'." Maki corrected with the slightest twitch of her lips. Yakuza hadn't confirmed their gender, so until then she wouldn't assume. "And, punishment is something required in this case, but--" She lowered her head and removed the hand that was calmly draped over her swords, to keep them at her sides, as if to prove that she wouldn't attack him no matter what. "I beg of you, please do not kill them. Give them a chance to redeem themselves."

"Tch..." A calmed himself and dropped back into his seat, scratching the side of his neck until his hand halted and he brought it up to dismiss her. "I'll think it over. Leave me."

She obliged, leaving the room with a sigh and walking down the halls. Just as she began walking, a hand clamped down on her shoulder, and she turned to look at a face belonging to someone she knows, except they had a dark grin on their face now.

"Where do you think you're going?" For some reason a droplet of sweat ran down the back of her neck as Darui spoke. 

"T-To the inn?"

"Oh?" He looked behind him and gestured towards the other side of the halls. "It's that way. All you had to do... Was go straight!"

Blood rushed to her cheeks but she ignored them, instead she thanked him silently and walked the exact way he had told her to. The exact way.

The Exact way.

"MAKI I JUST SHOWED YOU! HOW CAN YOU GET LOST IN A STRAIGHT LINE!?"

Maki refuses to acknowledge that she zones out every second, and that is most likely why shes always getting lost. Instead, she speeds up into a sprint and runs from Darui in an attempt to save what little pride she has left.

...And ends up lost.

Whatever, she would just wait for Omoi to come and get her. He could always find her after all. Until then, however, she would have to entertain herself.

And what better way to do so, than talk to everyones favorite fox-

'NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!'

who has the ability to make her go deaf.

Next Chapter will be following cannon. I just wanted to get this out there, even though its rushed and kinds sucks, sorry. I have had this writers block and am trying to get over it. It seems the only story i'm good with currently is my one piece fic.

I found a friend whos rlly good at drawing so you might see an actual good drawing of Maki and a few of my other oc's haha!

See you guys and girls, thanks for reading!

~LamaUzumaki

P.S SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE MY USERNAME-- LIKE MY REAL ONE AND NOT DISPLAY NAME.