chapter 18

you had no qualms about this party, but that didn't change the fact that you wanted to lay in bed.

on your way there, you didn't see anyone. which probably meant you were a bit late but.. getting out of bed was so hard.

your feet led you to the door, which you hesitantly opened. and upon entering, you were met with byakuya standing straight in front of you.

"you're here, finally. now then, stand up straight and raise your arms."

"...huh?"

"don't make me repeat myself. it's for a body check."

it clicked, he was searching for weapons. you paid no mind to it. not to be cocky but, honestly, you didn't need any weapons to be a threat.

so wordlessly, you lifted your arms and let him search. your cooperativeness shocked him, but he tried not to let it show.

his hands throughout searched you, moving from the bottom up.

"you have nothing dangerous, which is expected," he looked at you warily, causing you to narrow your eyes at him, "i shall allow you to enter."

"thanks." you walked past him, your eyes catching sight of two metal boxes next to him.

you've been used as a weapon before, silly things like that are no mystery to you. he's either hiding his weapons in there, or he's confiscating others weapons. maybe it's both, with the latter being a cover up. that's something to look out for.

you walked straight, with a left then straight again, your last turn being to the left. which led you to the dining room doors, wordlessly you walked in.

"[y/n]! how do you like the decorations?" nagito was the first to greet you.

you looked around, pleasantly surprised, "wow, nagito. you really outdid yourself, it looks great!"

he smiled, "the streamers, tables, even the carpet! though the carpet was intended to cover the whole floor... and all the spiderwebs and dust took all day to clean.."

"it's fine, the floor still looks good. all of it does," you smiled before widening your eyes, "ah! i should've helped you clean! i'm so sorry i really was going to but-"

"no worries, your praise is more than enough. thank you." he lifted his hands.

you nodded, "well, i'm going to look around."

as you looked, it really did look pretty. you're not sure what it looked like before but you're sure nagito did a great job.

byakuyas voice rung through the hall, "...thank you for waiting. teruteru is in the kitchen, and... it appears fuyuhiko did not come."

"i apologize. i did inform him about the party, but..."

"it's not like you need to apologize, peko. it's his fault for not coming..." mahiru trailed off.

"i explicitly stated that attendance was mandatory, but... if just one person is absent, that shouldn't pose a problem. he won't be able to do anything."

the light bulb in your head began warming up as the pieces slowly fell into place.

"hey, what is that," byakuya had an intense expression as he stomped over to the table, "...dangerous." ...and then he began eating meat off the skewers.

"h-hey! what are you doing!?"

"you're hoggin' all the food! no fair!"

"no, i'm not!"

"i don't care what you say, you're totally pigging out!"

"i'm telling you, i'm not...! look carefully at this dish."