chapter 11

after your mini detour, you ended up going to the hotel to change...then straight back to the beach... how troublesome.

but you were with the group of people who were in their swimsuits, which was like 10 people not including yourself.

your swimsuit wasn't super revealing, which was both a blessing and a curse. it consisted of a long tank top, of course swim material, with a bikini bottom.

the two sides to this was, you weren't exposed and nearly naked in front of your male classmates. however... the swim suit was incredibly ugly.

oh well, you sighed, you win some you lose some.

"woah, nagito. i totally expected you to stay with hajime." you looked at the boy to your right, trying not to peer down at his exposed body.

he let out his signature laugh and scratched his head, "i didn't want to, but i did want to have fun."

"yeah," you smiled, "let's have fun together, nagito."

you two just looked at each other, and in that silence you truly took in his appearance. and to no surprise, he was absolutely stunning.

he thought your hope was beautiful, but so was your appearance. not that you'd know that, he wasn't going to say it. the last thing he'd want is to freak you out.

"oh? may i join in on your fun? i have a lot of ideas-" the perverted shorty to nagitos left snapped you both back into reality.

since you guys were more in the shallow end, you just decided to kick some water at him. not trying to ruin the fun atmosphere.

"i'll be back in a bit!" you decided to venture off, hoping to spend some more time with your classmates. you just hadn't decided which one yet.

as teruteru has and never will be discreet, you heard him, "nagito! do you see what she's packing in the back? and that shirt doesn't hide her gigantic-"

"let's not talk about her that way..."

shivering in disgust, you decided that the best option was to submerge your body in the water. away from all the staring eyes, and just relaxing in the cool water.

with one glance to your right, you saw someone swimming intensely. upon further inspection, it was peko! perfect! you could get away from the pervert and swim with a pretty lady, score!

you jogged deeper into the water, "pekoooooo!"

your yell caught her attention and she stopped swimming.

"yes?"

"let's swim together! i want to get to know you." you earnestly smiled at her, making her slightly flustered.

"as you wish, i was merely doing laps."

"perfect! we can train, compete, and hang out!"

your enthusiasm put her at a loss. not that she's never met anyone enthusiastic, it's just... she's never met anyone so enthusiastic about her, well except for-

"ibuki wants to join!" the eccentric musician dived towards you guys.

"the more the merrier!" you cheer.

"on second thought, no! the water's too salty! too salty!" your favorite multi colored hair person ran away.

you laughed and turned back to the pretty red eyed girl.

"okay, so we can race! i know you're super strong, so i don't have to hold back. first one to that side of the island," you pointed to the far end, "and back, wins!"

"i accept your challenge."

"w-woah. are you sure it's okay for you to swim that far, miss [y/n]? i wouldn't want you to get hurt, you're way too pretty to get hurt." kazuichi appeared out of thin air.

not knowing whether that was a compliment or an insult you just laughed, "don't worry, kazuichi. my muscles are refined and this water feels too good to waste!" you sunk everything below your neck into the water.

the cool water perfectly counteracted the blazing sun, making you sigh in content.

"still-"

his plea was interrupted by a screaming hajime, "heeeey you guys! don't forget about me! hey hey! wait for me! let me join in the fun!"

"finally, haji-" your taunt was interrupted by the sudden shift in scenery.

the once sunny, blue sky was now gray and cloudy. your mind couldn't process what just happened. yes, this island was weird, but still.

"huh? peko, what just happened?" you asked, though you knew she would be just as lost as you were.

"i..i do not know." she stood up straight, making you do the same.

everyone around you sported a look of confusion, all saying or screaming different things. it was hard to make out a sentence among all the panic.

"guys... i don't feel good about this," you grabbed kazuichi and peko's arms, "let's head back to shore."

and as you three were the deepest, they wordlessly let you drag them closer to the sand.

once you were in closer proximity to usami, you heard her speak, "huh? i didn't do anything... what is all this... there's no way! something like this shouldn't be happening!"

if you weren't on alert before, you sure as hell are now. all the weird things that happened before were decently acceptable as usami was controlling them. but for her to be out of control? that screamed danger.

someone out there heard your thoughts and decided to speak on the, "ahh, ahh...! mike check! mike check! ah, ah! can you hear me, can you hear me?"

the screen was filled with static, though you could sort of make out a figure similar to usami's. their gleeful and laid-back voice was out of place in the sudden darkness.

that's not to say the voice radiated peace, it was almost as if you could sense the malice through the screen. something was wrong, so very wrong.

"puhuhu...surprised? you were totally surprised! ....riiiight? now then, sorry to keep you all waiting for so long. let's leave all this worthless entertainment behind. it's time for the main attraction! you guys better hustle over to jabberwock park!"

holy shit, was hajime right? was this all just a ploy to get the groups guard down?

"could it be? this voice...! i-if this is... oh, this is very bad. i gotta do something..."

you immediately dismissed the thought, usami appears genuinely confused. though, you weren't sure if that could be trusted either.

"it's all up to me!" usami gripper her magic stick and disappeared, looking determined.

"h-hey! wait!" hajime let out a futile yell,

"it seems that...was an unusual occurrence..."

"it's best if..we go, too.. jabberwock park, was it? let's hurry."

momentarily, you blocked out the voices surrounding you. using all the speed you had as an athlete, you ran back to the hotel. you didn't wanna be exposed in your swimsuit in this now cold weather, and unexpected situation.

once changed, you sprinted over to jabberwock park, not wanting to keep everyone waiting. despite this situation, you're glad you didn't get your hair wet. it's an odd thought, but now you wont get sick.