chapter 5

right next to the market was a bunch of mini cottages surrounding a building. as soon as you walked in, you read 'hotel mirai.'

mirai, that's the japanese word for future, right?

but putting that aside, the layout of this hotel was downright fantastic.

"wow... this is a pretty nice hotel..!"

you took this as an opportunity to strike, "well, now that hajime likes it, i hate it."

"[y/n]... play nice."

"i was kidding!" you raised your arms up and laughed.

"anyways, the hotel mirai, huh? it looks like it's named for the japanese word for 'future.'"

"wow, nagito! i thought the same exact thing, we must be soulmates!" you clasped your hands together and put them next to your chin.

said boy blushed and hajime rolled his eyes at you for the umpteenth time.

"do you just flirt with everyone you meet?" 

"yes... i do... hajime, have i told you that you're handsome?"

"n-no! don't say things like that so suddenly! i thought you were shy or something!"

"i am shy... at first!... you guys have made me comfortable enough to be annoying. but on another note, you're handsome too, nagito! i have enough love for both of you, and more!"

"thanks, [y/n]," he tried to collect himself, not being used to affection, "but when we were told to live on this island, i was worried we'd have to pitch a tent or something... if we can live in a grand hotel like this, i don't think we'll have to worry about being comfortable."

"....how can you just accept this!? you're way too excited about living here!"

"hajime didn't ibuki tell you not to sweat the details?"

"all of you are too nonchalant about this!"

"well, it seems obvious that this are would make a good base, so why don't we look around for a bit?"

while you did play calm about the situation, you couldn't help but feel weirded out by this whole situation. none of this makes sense, and unless nagito is acting calm like you, there's a lot to unpack there...

but trying not to focus on that, you looked around and it was beautiful. a pool right in front of the main building, gardens, palm trees, beautiful flooring, nice gates,  it's all too nice to be on an uninhabited island...

you went to go annoy hajime again and saw him approaching a short boy. not wanting to do introductions by yourself, you walked up them just in time. but before either of you could say anything, he did.

"...who the hell are you two? don't talk all friendly and shit to me, dumbass."

"....... we haven't even said anything, yet" you deadpanned.

hajime didn't say anything and simply gawked at the baby-faced angry boy, which proved to be a mistake. 

"what're you lookin' at!? you got something you wanna say, bastard!?"

being the mediator he's been, nagito cut in, "r-relax, fuyuhiko. we're only here to introduce ourselves."

"...what? introduce yourselves?"

"see, you haven't been properly introduced to each other, right?"

"hmph... name's fuyuhiko kuzuryu... just so we're clear, i don't plan to act friendly and shit with you guys."