chapter 10

a/n i almost forgot to update WHOOPS + THIS HAS 1K READS??? I LOVE Y'ALL AND WANT TO GIVE U A TINY DOUBLE UPDATE !! sorry it's boring tho :-(

"well it's all right... more importantly, this is our only chance to talk between ourselves before that rabbit returns."

"kyahaha! let's talk!" hiyoko cheered enthusiastically.

"now then, let me hear your initial impressions of this island."

peko went first, "i happened to notice numerous blocked off bridges on the central island."

"oh, those are there so everybody doesn't get lost!" ibuki chimes in, "i tried to cross one of them and that rabbit showed up and told me, so i'm telling the truth!"

"so we don't get lost...? is this island really so big."

"but if you look at it in depth, it's just a normal island, right? it's got a resort and everything! well, not that i've ever been to a resort before, but..." kazuichi trailed off.

"also, there's a biiiig ranch!"

"um... there's also a large supermarket, too... it looks like it stocks everything from food to living amenities."

"the hotel was really nice, too. it'd be great if we can stay there."

"the restaurant inside the hotel was also very nice. it seemed to cater to a more plebeian taste."

"can you guys listen to what i wanna say, too? i...found something very important on this island. girls! very, very cute girls! aha! all over the place!"

"grooooooss! i'm getting goosebumps!"

"all of you are fools... i can't believe nobody has mentioned the most serious truth."

"...the most serious truth?"

"if no one here realized it, you're all bigger fools than i thought."

as you tried not to scowl, fuyuhiko didn't hold back, "what did you say, you fat bastard? don't be talkin' all big and shit!"

"small dogs shouldn't bark so loud."

reaching your limit with his superiority complex, you decided to speak, "then why don't you enlighten us, oh great corporate heir?"

"hmph, have you all gone to the park that's across the bridge?"

"the park with that weird bronze statue of all those creepy animals, right?" hajime asked.

"when i saw it, i remembered a story i'd heard before. there's an island in the pacific ocean, a beautiful island paradise where summer never ends... it consists of a central island surrounded by five different islands... it's also said that five holy animals symbolize each of those surrounding islands."

huh... isn't that similar to what nagito said? something about how the statue was a symbol of the island? you'd have to ask about that later.

"that island's name is... jabberwock island."

"could this island be...? jabberwock island? is that...the name of this island?" a distraught nagito asks.

"i mean... didn't the sign by that statue say: jabberwock park?" you tried to remember.

"you're right," byakuya continued, "still, there is something on my mind. in fact, according to what i've heard, jabberwock island is already...never mind."

"hold it right there! that's a rather incomplete story you've told us." nekomaru voiced the groups thought.

"no need to shout. i'll let you know once i obtain more information.