Quack Pack!

A/N: Took some liberties with this episode, not sorry. And why is this so long? 👀

The seat was hard, and the light was so dim that I didn't know where I was until Huey pushed open the door to the main entrance of the manor. I blinked as the scene flooded with light. The first thing I noticed was that Red's outfit seemed wrong. He wore a red undershirt and a red flannel. Even his hat was different with a #😜 on the front. Though I wasn't going to comment, maybe he was trying something new. Donald was in his traditional blue, which was strange. He was standing behind Huey, holding a ton of camera equipment.

"Matching outfits, check. Professional photographer, hired. A million-dollar smile." Donald leaned around the stuff he was holding and smiled as Huey spoke. "Big check! Nothing's gonna keep us from taking our best family portrait ever."

Dewey slid into the room through the open door as if on cue. His hair was done up in a new way, though that was not surprising for him. However, the striped shirt with rolled-up sleeves was strange.

(Okay, everyone is trying something new.)

Blue danced his way over to Huey, nearly knocking the stuff out of Donald's hands.

"Oh, Huuuuubeeeeerrt!"

Huey sighed, "Unexpected complication, check."

I couldn't help but smile and did someone laugh? I shook my head and turned back to the spectacle in front of me.

"Guess who's got big plans for this year's family portrait?" Dewey paused, but only long enough for Huey to object. "It's me!"

I managed a small scoff for Dewey's sense of dramatic timing, but Huey seemed upset. He pulled out his phone.

"Nope. All Uncle Donald wants is a normal family photo for once." He flipped through several photos, one of Della and the boys making silly faces, one of Scrooge and Donald bickering, another of Donald and the kids being frightened by a giant bear.

"That bear was pretty cool once you got to know him," Dewey mused.

"Everything has to be perfect, so no shenanigans this time," Huey warned.

"I'll try. But I've shenani-once, I'll shenan-again. Zing, double-entendre." Dewey bounced up the stairs.

I laughed because I was impressed that Dewey even knew what that meant.

Scrooge, Louie, and Della walked in from outside. They were all sporting new looks. Well, Scrooge was sporting an old look. He's classic blue and red that looked almost otherworldly when I thought about it. Louie was wearing a green jock jacket. Della was wearing a yellow cardigan with a blue shirt and teal shorts and was that pearls? She was not the pearls type.

"For the last time, you cannot charge people money to watch Della jump off the roof," Scrooge protested as he walked in the door.

"But I used to jump off the roof all the time on the moon," Della shot back.

I chuckled.

"Where there was no gravity!" Scrooge made a reasonable point.

"The more dangerous it is, the more money we can charge," Louie pointed out.

"Kid has a point," I nodded.

Then I shifted in my seat because it felt like eyes were on me, though everyone was looking at Scrooge.

Scrooge went to explain why it was a bad idea, but then thought things over again. I laughed at his hesitation. Everyone else disapproved

"Hmmm... Still no," he decided. Louie whined a little, but it was final.