The First Adventure!

We appeared in Scrooge's office. We blinked and looked around the table. Scrooge, young Donald and young Della blinking back at us.

"I didn't touch whatever did that," Della pointed at us.

"Wow," Donald blinked.

"Awww! Mini Donald and Mini Della!" Webby jumped out of my lap and onto his desk. "Hi Uncle Scrooge."

"Webbigail! Nice to see you again, las." He walked over to her and picked her up off his desk. The other two kids' jaws dropped.

"Why does she get a nice welcome?" Della mumbled.

A beeping filled the air. It was coming from Della and she gave a sheepish look.

"That's why." Scrooge held out a hand.

"Technically, I touched this before you told me not to touch anything." Della handed Scrooge the device.

"Is that a SHUSH communicator?" Webby's eyes went wide.

"I need to attend to this." He walked over to his desk and motioned at the seat. "Love, do you mind?"

"Love?" "Eww!" Donald and Della said over each other.

"Oh yeah," I stood and let him into the seat. "Kids."

"We're not going with you," Della crossed her arms.

"Della. Donald. Go with ____." They huffed as they walked out.

I closed the door.

"Now what?" Donald asked.

"I'm not calling you aunt," Della stomped.

"Shush." I put a finger to my lips and leaned against the door.

"Cool eavesdropping," Della said. They copied me.

"Hello Director 22."

"Gra-" I covered Webby's mouth.

"We located Captain Yellow Beaks's ship. You know what this means," Beakley's voice was muffled by the door.

"The Papyrus of Binding. One of the most powerful artifacts known to man."

"It's also a missing mystery!" Webby bounced.

"We finally have a credible lead on its whereabouts. Our satellites spotted the ship near Phantom Island in the Bermuda Trapezoid."

"Yellow Beak? Bermuda Trapezoid? Phantom Island?"

"All great band names." Donald strummed on the guitar. I snatched it.

"Forget your band. This is an adventure. Imagine actually having something to sing about," Della said.

"Life experience. That's the soul of an artist."

"What?" Webby started to ask.

"Listen," I told the kids.

"22, I'm occupied and you have plenty of other agents."

"None I trust as much as you. We have a mole. FOWL has somehow gained SHUSH intel." Me and Webby looked at each other. "Scrooge, this could be our chance to find the papyrus, uncover the mole, and shut down FOWL for good."

"We'll do it!" All three of the kid bust in the room.

"____," Scrooge growled. "You were supposed not to let them overhear. I've got to go 22."

"Four to one, you were overruled."

"Duckworth, revise my schedule. I'm going on a business trip. Solo. ____ is in charge." He marched out of the room.