Forbidden Fountain of Foreverglades!

A/N: Hope you like this hot mess of chapter! 😂 I sorta had an idea and rolled with soooooo yeah.

The plane landed in the smallest airport I had ever seen. The word Rubelsanto was painted on the side of a metal building. Several men approached us, competing amongst themselves in Spanish for the cheaper offer to take us wherever we were going. What sealed the deal was when Donald told them the location. Their eyes went wide and they sulked off. All but one man.

An older man with dull green feathers and a dirty red coat showed us to a beat-up old Jeep that was held together with rust. It had no windows or roof and looked questionable. He loaded our stuff into the front seat. We piled in the back. It was a brief ride, but over half of it was through dense forest. The road was rough and the driver could've cared less.

The boys were on either side of me, and I was clutching their arms. Though it did little good because Donald nearly careened out the window on a sudden turn. Scrooge barely caught the edge of the seat in front of him to stop us all from flying out.

We slammed to a halt in front of the squatty building, and the man threw our stuff out. I left Scrooge and Donald to arrange a pick us up for us. I made my way into the lobby.

It was old. The walls were made of brown clay and the whole place was covered in vibrate tiles. Every few steps, there was a slab of natural rock that had a slight green tone. Vines curled around the open archway entrance and flowers bloomed were everywhere, despite it being fallen in the southern hemisphere. Inside, vases of various sizes held wildflowers that escaped and climbed the walls.

Most people might have thought it was dirty. However, it seemed more rustic. Very mature for the occupancies that ran around inside. High schoolers from the sound of them.

I walked to the counter and intended to ring the bell. However, I got lost admiring the photo that hung on the wall. A lion held up a sword at the base of a fountain. It was at least three hundred years old. I went to point it out to Scrooge, but he was already walking up the stairs to the rooms. I sighed and leaned on the counter.

"Ha-ah. Yes, few people actually stop long enough to admire the culture around here," the manager beamed.

"Spring Break! Woo!" a boy yelled and the manager cringed.

"You're one of the few," he grimaced.

"Well, it's a blessing and curse," I hummed. "That wouldn't happen to be the real Fountain of the Foreverglades, would it?"

He gave a full belly laugh.

"Si, and that is the real Spanish explorer, Ponce de León, who set out to find it over five hundred years ago." His eyes twinkled. "You have reservations?"

"With this kind of evidence in your possession, surely you have some tips on finding it?" I smiled and handed him the stack of information we had gotten Beakley.

"No no no. It is an image of his dream. This is my dream." He motioned towards the lobby with its beautiful design that revealed the pool as the main attraction. He leaned in closer. "If you want to find the fountain, well that's a question for the native's, flor. Though you won't find many out here. They fear the forest."

"I've noticed. And you?" I asked.

"I find no reason to go in them anymore," he smiled and offered me the old rustic keys.