FOWL Intentions!

I found myself in a gorgeous large bedroom that looked like a Queen might live here. The grandfather clock read well into the night and from the stuff on the nightstand, I knew it was Scrooge's room. I sat on the bed hoping to wait for him, but quickly fell asleep.

I woke up and noticed my shoes and jacket were missing and I was under the covers. Scrooge was pressed against the headboard. With a smile, that if I didn't know the man, would've made me punch him.

"What do I owe this pleasure?" He purred, taking my hand and kissing it.

"Scr-crooge?" Heat rose in my cheeks as I spoke. He raised an eyebrow.

"Were you expecting someone else?"

He was so different from the boy I had just seen. It was hard to believe they were the same person. He was clearly more confident and comfortable around me. Very comfortable, apparently, to be sharing a bed like this. More confident even to be flirting, like I hadn't just woken up.

"Never." He smiled at that and leaned down to kiss me. A proper kiss for the first time in ages.

"Mr. McDuck, we need you, oh!" A woman walked in the bedroom door, then spun on her heel.

"I'll be out in a minute, Doll." She shut the door, and he looked back at me. "I am sorry about that, Love."

"I'm getting used to it." His eyebrows scrunched together. "Don't think about it too hard. You call everyone that walks in your bedroom doll? Or just the pretty ones?"

"That wouldn't be jealousy now, would it? Ya gave me a good laldy last time I called you something other than love, Love."

(Laldy? I'm assuming he means beating.)

"As you deserved, but I was just making sure the men got fair treatment, you know." I found my way out of bed. "What year is and where are you going?"

"1949 and we are going to meet this new scientist."

"We?" I made my way over to the wardrobe and hoped there to find clothes and while limited there were some.

"Ya coming with me to keep me awake while he's talking." Scrooge wrapped his arms around me.

"No, you are going to meet Dr. Ludwig. Do me a favor and keep him busy. I am going to steal his stuff." Scrooge hummed in response to each clothing item I picked up. "1949. Why does that sound familiar?"

(This is pre-halloween, pre-Gladstone, and pre-SHUSH hating me. Though feelings are mutual on that last one.)

"Stealing doesn't sound like you." His eyes flicked from the clothes to me.

"He messed with my head. I'm messing with his shit. It's payback." I shrugged. I pulled out a pair of dark pants, white shirt, and boots to replace my soaked shoes. "Please tell me, this place has a bathroom."

"That's more like ya," he chuckled and pointed to a door behind me. I went to leave, and he held my hand. He pulled me back into a kiss.

The shower felt good, even if it was something out of the forties. The water was room temperature and poor pressure, but I had just gone who knows how long without one.

I got dressed and started down the long hallway. I was thankful that the old wooden doors were marked with plastic labels. I couldn't help thinking that wasn't very covert for an undercover organization.

I was rummaging around the shiny lab of Dr. Ludwig's that didn't look like it belonged in this old castle or even this era. There wasn't much that looked useful.

On a sticky note was written 'Property of Dr. Ludwig. Touch at your own risk.' It was attached to a scary looking machine that was essentially a 30 foot tall gun point at the ground. For all I knew it was probably a fancy dentist's ware. It was next to and pointed away from a computer.