A Family Adventure!

Normal POV:

I woke up as we entered Egyptian airspace with a blanket draped over me. I wasn't sure who had put it over me, but no one looked like they had moved.

Scrooge called us back up, and we went back over the plan. Only minor details had changed. The tech team was split in half. Fenton was to take Launchpad in through an upper-level exterior window and check the second floor of the right wing while Manny and Gyro entered from the ground, to cover more ground. Dewey moved their pieces accordingly and renamed them Gyro's team the Geek Squad.

"How far out are we?" I asked Della.

"Twenty minutes," she replied quickly.

Scrooge led us downstairs to the stack of parachutes. Gyro and Fenton went around, handing out small earpieces that would let us talk to each other.

I watched the others put their parachutes on like professionals and wished I had more experience with this. Scrooge saw me struggling and walked over. He showed me how to tighten it and explained which rope to tug and when.

He probably thought I was going to rely on my magic in case of an emergency, so he wasn't worried. Though there was no chance in hell that I was telling him I was going into this battle tapped out.

We walked to the back of the plane, and Dewey took the controls from Della. I expected there to be a noticeable difference, but Della was beside me and geared up and we were still in the air and stable.

"Don't look so worried, Sweetheart," Gladstone said, walking beside me. "We'll have the kids in no time."

"I hope you're right," I whispered.

"Ready?" Scrooge asked. "Cloaks up girls."

Everyone looked fierce. Lena gave me a glance but covered the plane without a word. We descended below the cloud. I took a deep breath.

(Ready? Not in the slightest.)

Fenton slammed the bay door on and the air rushed in.

"Testing!" Boyd said, through the mics.

"Gosh, they work," Louie's voice raddled around in my head.

"The Classics are up first! Three. Two. Now." Dewey's voice cracked through.

Donald and Della nodded at each other and Scrooge smiled at me as they jumped.

"Boy Band your turn."

Panchito tipped his hat and Jose bowed as they jumped. The plane banked hard. I laced my fingers in the cargo netting.

"Alright. Geek Squad and Tech Team are up next." They readied themselves. "Annnnnd now!"

Gyro tumbled out of the plane. Fenton flew gracefully, pulling LP behind him. Manny gave a small wave. I looked to Gladstone.

"Last but not least," Dewey said.

We pulled ourselves to the edge. Echos of the fight began in our headsets. The plane shook and misguided bullets flew everywhere. Dewey had to swerve to avoid the path of bullets.