Challenge Of The Senior Junior Woodchucks!

The days following the twin's birthday were a blur. Scrooge was over the works, who were in and out of the manner making repairs day and night. Fenton or should I say Gizmoduck was working 24/7 on infrastructure and relocating people. I never saw Drake after I had left him in Scrooge's office, though he texted me he was heading out of the city and there were reports of Darkwing helping with the cleanup on the St. Canard new sites, according to Dewey. I didn't have time to check.

Della and I settled the Moonlanders in new homes. I was in charge of the ones throughout the city and Della handled the ones abroad. Huey was helping me and Donald was helping Della, when he wasn't pulling them away from the alluring trinkets of Earth.

I was so exhausted I didn't see my bed for days sleeping on anything remotely flat, though the lack of nightmares was nice. I wasn't alone in my zombie-like state. The whole family was sleep-deprived and resorted to sleeping when and where they could. Louie was resigned to making routine coffee runs for us. Though Beakley did try to keep the kids on a regular schedule. That being said I did walk in the bathroom one morning and Webby had passed out teeth brushing and had been there all night. On top of everything else I was constantly worried, I was going to receive a spooky phone call but the caller seemed otherwise preoccupied with invasion stuff as well.

It took a week for everything to go back to normal. Well normal-ish, seeing as how we were now living with aliens. The end was marked by a trip to Junior Woodchucks Island. We all had gone to sleep at a decided time the night before and thankful I was caught up enough to get back to my normal routine of nightmares and early mornings.

The nightmare consisted of a room that was freezing and horrible gray color. The only light was from a computer filter through a window to my right. I could hear people speaking but I couldn't see them. Someone turned on the computer and the rooms of the mansion filled the screen.

I sat straight up in the bed. It was 5 am, so I began my morning routine. It that started with texting Beaks and ended with me bringing tea to Scrooge's study.

I knocked and waited for the answer. Today was the day I was going to tell him that I had the company signed back over to him. As of late the company had gone to the back of everyone's minds and laid stagnant.

"Come in." He looked up and half laughed. "Love, you don't have to knock."

Knocking did seem silly after everything that happened in the last week but this was important.

"I know but, um, I wanted to talk." He watched expectedly as I poured the tea. That was a good way to start. There was a load of things we could discuss. "About the company."

"I was hoping you would bring that up. I've been looking over the stocks while you've been the active CEO. This was the first chance I had with all this rigmarole going on but they skyrocketed." He smiled proudly and flipped through a newspaper showing me the McDuck Enterprise numbers. "The collaboration with Waddle. Brilliant! And I don't know how you managed the company and accommodated these acrimonious arrogant aliens."

"That only applies to Penny," I laughed.

The hot-headed alien had made it a point to not get along with anyone and refused to move out of the manner. Though Della had managed to get her into the hanger which was apparently where Della used to live when she was a teen.

"As much as it pains me to say I think you should stay on as CEO," I dropped the cup of tea. It bounced onto the carpet. I had so many thoughts at once. After a moment he cleared his throat, "____ are you okay?"

"You're wrong." He stared at me. I cursed and picked up the cup. "I came in here to tell you that the company has been in your name, since before the invasion. I just haven't had the time to tell you. I'm sorry."