Louie's Eleven!

A/N: Happy Father's Day!! There's so much plot in this.

We decided that we could push off the debriefing until the next morning. I watched over Fenton for a while and Beakley came in told me to get some rest. I wanted to protest, but my yawns betrayed me and headed for bed. I was making a beeline to Scrooge's room when I nearly tripped over someone.

"____?" Webby yawned.

"You should be in bed," I said.

She hummed in agreement but didn't move. I walked behind, guiding her slowly forward. She seemed to bob in and out of sleep as we walked. We reached her room, and she reached for the ladder to her bed, but hesitated.

"I had a nightmare," she whispered.

"I'm sorry. Want to talk about it?" I asked softly, keeping my voice low to lull her back to sleep.

"No," she mumbled. She turned to me. "Can I have a hug?"

Before I could answer, she jumped onto me, and I fell on a beanbag. She snuggled into a tight ball on my chest. I thought she had fallen asleep after a few minutes, but her eyes opened a little, and she strained to look up at me.

"Would you lie to me, Aunt ____?" she mumbled.

I thought about how I should answer. This had to do with the missing mystery they went after. The Harp of Truth or something.

"There are some things kids shouldn't know or have to worry about, Webs. But if it was something I could tell you, I would." She hummed, and I couldn't tell if she liked that answer or not.

"What if it was about my parents?" A ping of guilt went through me, though I didn't know why. I hadn't thought about that since we ran into Goldie in the past, and I tried to push it out of my head for personal reasons.

"Webby," I should tell her it wasn't my place, but instead I kissed her forehead, "if I find out anything about them, I'll tell you."

"Even if Granny didn't want you to?" I shifted to get a breed look at her. "She doesn't like to talk about them, ever. It makes her upset, so I don't ask. But maybe you could ask her?"

That made sense that Beakley wouldn't want to talk about her parents. Though it didn't make sense that Beakley wouldn't want me to talk about them with her. There was so much hope in Webby's eyes. I couldn't say no.

"Of course, Princess. Now sleep." I told her.

She mumbled something in response, and her breath evened out. I was tried and wasn't going to carry her up the ladder to her bed, so I just resigned to the spot and closed my eyes.

I slept peacefully until I felt Webby crawl out of my arms. I knew I should get up, but I was comfortable. I rolled over.

Blinked and alarms blared. My body knew what was going, but I was clueless. I shifted to round the counter. The place seemed abandoned. I knew there was a security camera up ahead, but couldn't do anything about it. I needed to escape. The place was about to blow. I glanced to the left and my whole body shuttered to a stop when I heard it. I dodged into the room.

An incubator was plugged up onto the far wall. The files had been ransacked. Someone cared enough to take the information, but not the newborn cooing in a plastic tube. I walked over to her, and my reflection was blurred, but I could tell it wasn't mine. There wasn't an open button. I ripped the tubes and the pressure release and let it open.

Someone had cared enough to put a bow in her hair. She had been someone's pet project; loved only to the point of self-preservation. I picked her up gently and tuck her in my arm. I saw the file tucked away and grabbed it as I took off. I heard yelling, and I reached for a hanger. Someone shot at me and I clutched the girl closer. The bullets rang by my head and...