Meanwhile In The Lab!

>0)
(_>

Fenton POV

He rummaged through the endless piles of discarded pieces. Bits of machines and leftover parts laid sporadically in the bin on the bottom shelf. The shelf Manny had meant for recycling but Lil' bulb used for his pranks when someone made him mad. It had to be here. He had checked everywhere else.

"No no no. ____ gonna kill me." He mumbled looking for her time machine. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?" Gyro said above him and jerked up, hitting his head on the bottom of the counter.

"Nothing," he said rubbing his head and Gyro stared at him with hard eyes. "Well, not nothing, something obviously but nothing important!"

"I see." Gyro narrowed his eyes not believing him.

"I'll just be," he tried to walk by Gyro but the taller bird stepped in front of him.

"Intern," Gyro growled.

"It's really nothing." He continued to stare and Fenton let out a defeated sigh. "____ asked me to look at something and I can't find it."

"Ha! Good luck with that," he laughed and started to walk off. No, Fenton thought, it was more like he was running away.

"Wait, are scared of her?" Fenton realized and held back a laugh.

"Scared, me? Please, I just respect her." He crossed his arms.

"Oh, anyone who says that about a woman is definitely scared of her, especially ____," someone laughted.

"Mr. McDuck!" Gyro spun on his heel to face him. Both of them had missed the elevator chime. "What are you doing down here?"

"I came down to check on overall repairs in between my trips. We are fixing to head to Calibaba tomorrow morning but I'm much more interested in what you two are talking about." He raised an eyebrow. Fenton shifted waiting for Gyro to speak, wondering if he would rat him out.

"My intern here seemed to have miss placed something of Ms. Gander's." Gyro immediately threw him under the bus. Scrooge turned to Fenton and he panicked.

"Oh no, sir! Actually, your nephew, Louie, took the prototype I was working on and I assumed returned it to her but I seemed to misplace the original," he attempted to explain. Scrooge nodded in understanding.

"Well, as long as she has an operational version of it I'm sure it's fine. Gyro, repairs," Mr. McDuck turned to him.

"Shouldn't I be going over this with __- I mean Ms. Gander?" Gyro asked as the walked off.

"She has reinstated me as owner of McDuck Enterprise but we are still working on exact details," he explained perfectly vague.

"Well, it's good to have you back, sir." They walked off and discussed repairs of the bin, the lab, and the city after the invasion.

Fenton went back to rummaging for the original. It bothered him that it had gone missing, to begin with. The repairs was a lot in material but so much on paper. After a few minutes, Mr. McDuck's voice was aimed at him again.

"What exactly did she give you to work on, lad?" Scrooge looked over the parts Fenton had half-hazardously thrown around looking for a clue.

"A time machine," Fenton sighed frustrated beyond care. Scrooge's breath caught and even Gyro, who had been straight papers and only paying half attention, stiffened.

"You said Louie took the prototype?" He had a death grip on his cane. Fenton could see the gears working in his head. Almost like he was figuring out a puzzle or a demented game of chess.